Well, I made the move.<O:p</O:p
I just received my Festool order:
ES 125 EQ-Plus Random Orbital Sander with Systainer
CT22 Dust Extractor
Four boxes of Rubin 50 count 80, 100, 150 and 180 grit
One box of Brilliant 100 count 220 grit
One box of 15 count 1000 grit Plantin
Five extra dust bags.
First impression is that everything is nicely made. I like the auto-on feature as well as the variable suction. The unit rolls nicely on oversize wheels. I like how the Systainer locks onto the top of the dust extractor. Hopefully, I’ll still be happy with the unit in five years, that where it counts.
Bob Marino was polite, helpful and the order arrived quickly; what more can you say.

Russ Massery
05-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the Green & Black tool club. Or the Snob tool club as Tyler would put it. Excellent choices Too! Enjoy!

Jay Knoll
05-24-2006, 11:17 PM
You won't regret that decision for a moment! Great tools, enjoy!

Dan Clark
05-24-2006, 11:32 PM
Stage 1 - Wow! These are nice tools!

Stage 2 - Hmmm... Now that I've had them for a while, I see that they work even better than they look!!!

Stage 3 - Uh oh! Must have more Festool! Hand reaching for wallet...

:D

Enjoy,

Dan.

Frank Pellow
05-25-2006, 2:05 AM
Dan, welcome to the FSMCOC (Festool Saw Mill Creek Owner's Club)! :)

I am sure that this is only your first of several Festool purchases. :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-25-2006, 2:38 AM
Contgrats, I really like my TS55.

Thank goodness Festool don't make lathe stuff :eek: :D

Bob Childress
05-25-2006, 7:13 AM
Paul,

Congrats on taking the Festool dive. You'll never be sorry. But beware, they are like potato chips--Bet you can't buy just one!:D

Tyler Howell
05-25-2006, 9:26 AM
Tool Snob!!!

And lovin every minute of it.
Welcome

Jerry Olexa
05-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Congrats...Great gloat...I have always had a serious reservation about that brand of tools. Is the price/value relationship justified?? In other words, is there a dramatically, significant improvement in performance or features to justify the major leap in cost of the tool. I believe most of the time in buying the best (branded tool) available but I feel the green often go over the top in the P/V chart. Maybe I'm wrong. Love to hear your thoughts..In any case, enjoy your new tool..And besides, one of my favorite TV guys, Tom Silva on "This old house" uses Festool regularly so perhaps, I'm misinformed..:confused: :)

Matt Tawes
05-25-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm with Jerry to a degree on Festool and I own a CT22 and TS55 (accessories too). For items like the TS55 there is none other to compare to as no one makes a saw like it. As for the other tools they make sure I will probably be buying the sanders but still wonder about the value overall. They do make superior tools but are they all that superior to other brands to justify the cost in many cases Festool is not just $100 higher but considerably more. Nonetheless, I'm convinced that anyone who purchases Festool products will be well satisfied and feel confindent they made a good choice, they are very high quality and have and excellent warranty to back it up. I believe in buying the best tools rated on performance and value but that said in many cases more money does not always equal better tool this is definitely the case with larger machinery.

Jim Becker
05-25-2006, 1:17 PM
Congrats...Great gloat...I have always had a serious reservation about that brand of tools. Is the price/value relationship justified?? In other words, is there a dramatically, significant improvement in performance or features to justify the major leap in cost of the tool.

After using mine for some time, I have to say yes.

And besides, one of my favorite TV guys, Tom Silva on "This old house" uses Festool regularly so perhaps, I'm misinformed..

And we have Uncle Bob to thank for that, too... ;) Tom Silva doesn't screw around when it comes to tools and he needed proof that they were up to the task...his guys really work tools hard. Very hard.

Paul Canaris
05-25-2006, 4:19 PM
Sounds like I went the right way. To date I have yet to regret the purchase of high qulaity tools. But I sure have on more than a few occasions regretted purchases when I choose to buy less than the best I could afford.:D

Jesse Cloud
05-25-2006, 8:03 PM
Your lungs, nose, and ears will thank you!
As to the discussion of price vs. value, I once heard Lon Scheinling at a show say, "If you are in woodworking for the fun of it, then you should buy the tool that will delight you every time you use it." That's why I shell out the extra bucks for Festool.
I agree that the plunge saw and the sanders are the jewels. I haven't seen anything that exciting about the routers, drills, jigsaw, etc - but would like to hear from owners - would love to find out I'm wrong on that.:rolleyes:

Tyler Howell
05-25-2006, 8:45 PM
No Regrets on any of them.:cool:

Frank Pellow
05-25-2006, 8:58 PM
I agree that the plunge saw and the sanders are the jewels. I haven't seen anything that exciting about the routers, drills, jigsaw, etc - but would like to hear from owners - would love to find out I'm wrong on that.:rolleyes:
I agree that the plunge saw and the sanders are the jewels. My Festool router, cordless drill, and jigsaw are all very good and I am glad that I bought them but I don't think that they are as obviously better than the competition as are my Festool circular saw and my Festool sanders

Dennis Peacock
05-25-2006, 9:52 PM
No regrets for me on ANY of my Festool tool's that I've purchased. Love'em and use'em a LOT. Congrats on the purchase.:D

Frank Chaffee
05-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Paul,
I wager that you’ll never look back.
Congrats,
Frank

Jerry Olexa
05-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Can you guys loan me some $ so I can try some of these Festools?:) I'm a little over budget right now:D