PDA

View Full Version : Freud question for Charles McCracken

Doyle Alley
05-24-2006, 8:33 AM
I've got a Freud FT2000E router that came in a cardboard box instead of a hard plastic case. Is there anywhere that I can get a case for it? I've searched the Freud website and don't see one listed in the accessories page.

Charles McCracken
05-25-2006, 8:29 AM
Doyle,

We have only offered the case with the router purchase and not as an accessory but I will check to see if we have one here and let you know later today.

Doyle Alley
05-25-2006, 8:56 AM
Thanks. When I bought it several years ago, the case did not seem to be an option at all. It must have been added as an option sometime in the last few years.

Kevin Herber
05-25-2006, 9:05 AM
Did you search EBay? It seems to have everything. Does Craig's List have a "want to buy" section? I've never been to it.

Here's a thought, an auction site with items in response to "want to buy..." Shoot I could become a zillionaire!!!!

-- Kevin

Doyle Alley
05-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Did you search EBay? It seems to have everything. Does Craig's List have a "want to buy" section? I've never been to it.

Here's a thought, an auction site with items in response to "want to buy..." Shoot I could become a zillionaire!!!!

-- Kevin
Yea, I've been searching Ebay every few days for several weeks now. Every once in a while a whole router setup comes available but I haven't seen just a case yet.

Charles McCracken
05-25-2006, 3:43 PM
I regret that we don't have any cases in the house. We only receive them with the routers in them from the factory since they would be expensive to ship empty but we will occasionally have one from a returned tool. If I see one I'll try to remember this thread to let you know.

Doyle Alley
05-25-2006, 3:54 PM
Thanks Charles.

Charlie Plesums
05-26-2006, 12:23 AM
I have a shelf full of empty plastic cases for the tools that I use all the time (sorry, none for the FT2000E). I got to believe that there is someone who keeps their router in the table or on their bench rather than in their closet....

If you offered $100 for the case, I bet you would get a lot of offers. After that you are just dickering about the price.