PDA

View Full Version : New Here like what I see

Tom Sherman
05-23-2006, 5:38 PM
Hello folks I am new here been checking out the boards for a while and I like what I am seeing. Seems to be a great bunch of folks and sharing talents and methods. I am still new to the wonderful world of turning been turning about a year or so and have mostly done pens. I have done a few small bowl like items like popourie dishes and the like and thoroughly enjoy it. I have been itching to get out in my garage to work on something but nursing a bumb knee hopefully that will be corrected soon.

Bernie Weishapl
05-23-2006, 5:54 PM
Welcome Tom to SMC. You won't find a nicer more knowledgeable bunch of people anywhere. Lots of knowledge and willing to help anyone. I am fairly new myself. Been turning 6 months. Again jump right in and you must remember one thing the picture police always watch. If we don't see pictures it didn't happen.:D :D :D

John Miliunas
05-23-2006, 5:58 PM
Great to have you at the Creek, Tom! Yup, lots of great folks with tons of great info, brought to us by lots of great folks! (Yeah, sometimes I get a little redundant but, only if I'm repeating myself. Sometimes. ;) ) Now, don't be bashful and load up some pics of your pens and bowls! We'd love to see them! :) Stop often and stay long! :) :cool:

Keith Burns
05-23-2006, 6:08 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tom. As you already know, you won't find a better bunch of turners anywhere. Just beware of a guy named John Hart:D :eek: :D

Corey Hallagan
05-23-2006, 6:14 PM
Welcome to SMC and can't wait to see some of your work. I like to turn the pens myself!

Corey

Ernie Nyvall
05-23-2006, 6:18 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tom. Glad to have you. Sorry about the knee thing. Hope to see some of your turnings soon.

Ernie

John Hart
05-23-2006, 6:27 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tom. As you already know, you won't find a better bunch of turners anywhere. Just beware of a guy named John Hart:D :eek: :D

Thanks Keith!:p You betcha Tom...I'm evil. Now strap something to that knee and git out in the garage!:D

Just kidding....get yourself well. In the mean time, we'd like to see some of your work. Welcome!!!:)

Ed Scolforo
05-23-2006, 6:42 PM
Tom, welcome to a great forum.
Ed

Steve Clardy
05-23-2006, 6:47 PM
Welcome Tom!!

Travis Stinson
05-23-2006, 6:47 PM
Welcome aboard Tom. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.:)

John Miliunas
05-23-2006, 6:51 PM
Welcome Tom!!

Steve!!! You're looking mighty fine nowadays!!! :D :D :D :cool:

Steve Clardy
05-23-2006, 7:03 PM
Steve!!! You're looking mighty fine nowadays!!! :D :D :D :cool:

:eek: :eek: :eek: So I got TWO TWINS now:confused: :confused: :confused:

Don Orr
05-23-2006, 7:47 PM
Welcome aboard Tom. Glad to see you grab a paddle and head up the Creek. Some of us (me) can't find our paddles but we're up here anyway:D . Hope the knee gets better soon.

Tom Sherman
05-23-2006, 8:39 PM
I appreciate the warm welcome folks. I feel like I am already part of the family, as far as pictures go I will work on it the only digital camera that my wife and I had has come up missing and I only have the cam attached to this computer. I have to figure out how to take stills with it and then how to save and post, but I will work on it.

thanks again

Jim Dunn
05-23-2006, 8:48 PM
Welcome Tom. Hope the knee mends soon. There is a thread on the offtopic forum about knee surgery might want to check it out.

Scott Fernald
05-23-2006, 8:53 PM
Welcome aboard Tom! This forum needs more Virginians! :D

Mark Cothren
05-23-2006, 8:53 PM
Welcome Tom! This is a great place. Just watch out for a guy named Keith Burns. He wears funny looking hats....:eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
05-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tom! Wade right in the water's fine!

Tyler Howell
05-24-2006, 7:57 AM
Tom
Welcome. It is a family
Enjoy

Mike Ramsey
05-24-2006, 8:58 AM
Welcome to the Creek Tom! Looking forward to your posts..

Doug Thompson
05-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Tom, from another new kid on the block... this is a good place. I was part of another forum for years untill I went to the darkside and became a outcast. The people here understand that round is OK.

Good to have you,
Doug

Jim Davenport
05-25-2006, 8:09 AM
Welcome to the spiny side of the "Creek". Being fairly new here myself, I've found this to be the most friendly and helpful place on the web. You will enjoy your visits here.

Christopher K. Hartley
05-25-2006, 8:57 AM
Tom, welcome to the Vortex!! Let the Force guide you!:D