PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 sheet sanders ??

Perry Holbrook
05-23-2006, 4:42 PM
I posted earlier today about a bench top finishing sander. If I can't find that, I may be able to use a 1/2 sheet sander for the job, or perhaps 2 side by side. Anyway, looks like there are several choices from the usual hand held power tool makers. The Milwaukee 6010-6 looks to have the most power and designed for production demands. Anyone, have any experience with that sander or care to recommend something else.

Thanks, Perry

Bob Childress
05-23-2006, 4:57 PM
Perry,

While I do not (yet) own one myself, I have several other Festool products and they are killer. Especially if you want decent dust collection, just hook up the RS-2 to a shop vac or Festool vac. Made for high volume production work. Follow this link to read more.:)

http://www.festoolusa.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=7&prodid=567669

tod evans
05-23-2006, 5:06 PM
I posted earlier today about a bench top finishing sander. If I can't find that, I may be able to use a 1/2 sheet sander for the job, or perhaps 2 side by side. Anyway, looks like there are several choices from the usual hand held power tool makers. The Milwaukee 6010-6 looks to have the most power and designed for production demands. Anyone, have any experience with that sander or care to recommend something else.

Thanks, Perry

perry, the portercable 505 has been the staple of cabinet shops around the country for several decades....02 tod

Larry Fox
05-23-2006, 5:07 PM
Perry, I have the Milwaukee 6010-6. I purchased it because I was restoring an old house and I still use it on ocassion for drywall and such. Myself, I don't use it much for my woodworking as I think it is too aggressive for what I typically need to do. I use it where I really need to hog off some wood on something where I don't need much precision. Don't get me wrong - it is a VERY nice sander and does it job very well but it is tough to be "gentle" with.

Hope it helps . . .

Larry

Jim Bell
05-23-2006, 5:20 PM
I have a Porter Cable half sheet sander. The agressiveness can be controlled by using finer grits of sandpaper. I am a retired cabinetmaker. For what it is worth I like mine and you probably will too.
Jim

Bruce Page
05-23-2006, 7:13 PM
Perry, I have the PC 505. It's a kick butt, aggressive sander. My only complaint with it, is that it has no dust collection. It does generate copious amounts of dust in a hurry!

Howard Rosenberg
05-23-2006, 8:25 PM
is a longterm classic used by the people that need to depend on their gear every day.
My 2C.
Howard