PDA

View Full Version : Van threatening to implode, potential 'new' wood hauler

Ned Bulken
05-23-2006, 9:19 AM
<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>My trusty 93 Astro is beginning to slide down that slippery slope towards being traded in. too many things are wrong, where fixing them all would equal more than it is worth (to me).
SO, I've started searching for a 'new' wood hauler.

I think I found a keeper:
2000 Chevy S10, Pewter with Gray cloth split bench seats ,extended cab with the following features

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>

3 Dr. , 2.2 Liter, 4 cyl.
5 sp. Manual, Two Wheel Drive.
Anti-Lock Brakes
Driver & Passenger Airbags
Tachometer
Trip Odometer
Intermitent Wipers
Tinted Glass
Map Lights
Cup HoldersNot a big brawny beast, but a nice economical little truck instead. I'm going to go talk numbers with them today, hopefully it will be workable. I have to see how it drives with that 4 cylinder before I make the call.

</TD><TD vAlign=top>

AC/Cruise/Tilt Wheel
AM-FM Stereo w/CD only
Power Options:
Steering / Brakes
Alloy Wheels / Bedliner / Aluminum Cap
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wes Bischel
05-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Good luck Ned. It sounds like a nice ride - hopefully it will work out. Ugh - car shopping, something I try to avoid if at all possible. :rolleyes:

Wes

Ned Bulken
05-23-2006, 10:01 AM
I prefer not to myself, but it seems to crop up every year or two.

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-23-2006, 10:16 AM
One less minivan on the road can only be a good thing. Get the chevy.

Ned Bulken
05-23-2006, 10:24 AM
yeah, with 160000 on it (roughly) I expect if I trade it in, that it will go to auction pretty quickly. I actually Like the astro, but can't afford to replace major systems. Getting into a younger vehicle is going to be nice, whether it be this one or another somewhere else.

Ned Bulken
05-23-2006, 5:53 PM
http://sunny.spidergraphics.com/wco/gif_vehicle/23621_0_pt19248h.jpg

for the pic police... I'm going down as soon as supper is warmed up to go chat with sales.

I'm back from kicking the tires, and I'm going to sleep on it. The truck is in fantastic shape, very low miles for the vintage, something round 8000 miles per year! I sat in it, and it is very 'clean' not a lot of wear and tear on it at all. I started it up and the engine purred nicely, little straight 4 cyl in it. Looks like it was garaged and washed often, as it didn't have ANY rust on it.

Ned Bulken
05-23-2006, 8:09 PM
http://sunny.spidergraphics.com/wco/gif_vehicle/23621_4_pt19248h5.jpg

utility cap, nothing to write home about, and actually the Ugliest part of the whole truck that I could see.

The interior has been detailed, but didn't need a lot of cleaning that I could see, this seems to be the proverbial low mileage cherry that we all hear about, but rarely find.
http://sunny.spidergraphics.com/wco/gif_vehicle/23621_3_pt19248h4.jpg

Pretty well loaded, as the features list showed, it has cruise, tilt and a CD player.

Don Baer
05-23-2006, 9:29 PM
Ned,
I had a 2002 like thata except mine was a 6 cylinder. It was a great truck. I upgraded to a Silverado last year but I did like it for the gas millage and it was a great lumber hauler.

Ned Bulken
05-23-2006, 10:02 PM
with the cost of gas, I'm really leaning toward purchasing it, but I'm sleeping on the decision for a day. I don't expect it will 'vanish' on me, as it is a 5 sp, and the dealer seemed to think that would put people around here 'off' so to speak.