PDA

View Full Version : Sanding blocks

Nissim Avrahami
05-23-2006, 7:40 AM
Good day

I would like to share with you two versions of my sanding blocks

The first one lets me to use the belt as hand sanding block.

The second: I bought a few of those “made in chiwan” (China/Taiwan), red sanders just for the metal sanding paper holder or clip. I removed them and installed them on blocks that fits my requirements.

Regards
niki

Loren Hedahl
05-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi Niki

I haven't seen that kind of sanding block with the little metal clips on the ends here in NorthWest USA. Of course, I try to stay away from tool stores. I keep more money in my pocket that way.

I do have a couple that are of a similar shape, made of solid rubber and have a slot in the ends with several angled nails that hold the sandpaper tight. They are used in auto body work mostly. The trouble with them is there is about 3 inches of waste on each side, instead of about a half inch on the one you show.

But I like the idea, and will keep my eyes open. They are probably available, I just am unaware of where.

Loren Hedahl

Parker Nicholson
05-23-2006, 4:51 PM
Interesting idea, probably should use some fairly "light" wood. Most of the time my belts are pretty worn out, though.

John Miliunas
05-23-2006, 6:27 PM
Niki, yet more great ideas! That sanding belt one is really cool! I just picked up a few belts on a closeout rack at my Woodcraft store, pretty cheap and now have another method for using them up. Cool! Thanks! :) :cool:

Nissim Avrahami
05-23-2006, 6:45 PM
Thank you for the nice comments

John Miliunas
This is the “small” one, I’m happy that it came on time for you.
Yesterday, I promised, “you don’t know what will “fall” on you tomorrow”, I posted “Cutting dado with router”, which is the “big” one.

Thanks
niki

Alan Tolchinsky
05-23-2006, 8:49 PM
Nissim, That is a cool idea. Thanks for sharing.

Sam Chambers
05-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Another day, another good idea from Niki!

Thanks!

Nissim Avrahami
05-24-2006, 6:41 AM
Alan and Sam

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Sorry for the late reply (time diff)

niki