PDA

View Full Version : weed vahse and more.....

Barry Stratton
05-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Realized I hadn't messed one of these up so got to work.

Here's the result - out of ash, about 5" tall, 2 3/4 wide, finished with wax. I intentionally went for the fat stemmed, too wide base, upside down goblet look....really....honest.....:eek:

And burned a few lines in `cause I could:D

And I know this is mainly flatwork, but look at the very top........stands almost 30" tall. A birdie feeder.... still needs primer/paint.

Corey Hallagan
05-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Hey Barry, nice work on both accounts. Little vases like that are fun. That is a great scrolled/turned bird feeder. Nice job!

Corey

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Looks great Barry, the birdfeed sure looks nice!

Would not last a week here, the crows would have a party in it, and bad words would be spoken the next day by me, when I would have to pick up the pieces....

Will you paint the bird feeder?

I guess you get some nice upscale birds in Alaska :D

The birds in Tokyo just like the 1.5L coke bottle with holes cut in it :rolleyes:

Nice work my friend!

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
05-23-2006, 6:52 AM
Barry, you have a nifty looking vase there. As soon as you said goblet, though, my mind immediately went "That's not a goblet, that's a Pilsner!".

I really like the birdhouse, too. I'm considering a scroll saw in the new shop as one of the "fun" addenda, but want to make sure I have all the spinny stuff I need before I get any more "toys".

John Hart
05-23-2006, 6:58 AM
Great work Barry! Did you burn the lines with wire or wood?

On the birdfeeder...Just gorgeous. So...In Alaska, I'm guessing that you just bonk a salmon, throw it in the birdfeeder and wait for the eagles to arrive? :D

Jim Dunn
05-23-2006, 8:10 AM
Great work Barry! Did you burn the lines with wire or wood?

On the birdfeeder...Just gorgeous. So...In Alaska, I'm guessing that you just bonk a salmon, throw it in the birdfeeder and wait for the eagles to arrive? :D

ROTFLMAS John:p:p Those eagles eat better than we do.

Barry nice weed pot and I like the feeder as well. Nice topper from the lathe.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-23-2006, 8:27 AM
Nice vahse and feeder Barry!

Keith Burns
05-23-2006, 9:07 AM
Nice weedpot Barry on both form and details:) :) Nice birdhouse as well with a nicely turned finial:)

Bernie Weishapl
05-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey Barry nice vase and feeder. That is some nice work.

Ernie Nyvall
05-23-2006, 6:27 PM
Nice work on the weed pot Barry. The bird feeder is very cool.

Ernie

Barry Stratton
05-23-2006, 9:35 PM
Pilsner - I like it! Beats Pilsbury.......

And John - I burned the lines with an eagle feather, errr guitar string, bonkers aren't just for salmon;)