PDA

View Full Version : For Those Waiting To Jump In......

Corey Hallagan
05-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Woodcraft has their Jet Mini Lathe (Non VS) with a Free Nova Midi Chuck and another 10.00 off the regular Lathe only price of $279. to 269. That is a fine value now!! This is in the flyer that I received today.

Corey

Mark Pruitt
05-23-2006, 9:03 AM
...also noticed a good buy on a Wolverine (sp?) Jig. Hmmmmm........I thought I was finished spending money at Woodcraft for a little while....

Bernie Weishapl
05-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey Tyler there ya go. A machine that is good to go.:D

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Mark...............When you're caught in the Vortex, there is NO escape and no way to stop that "Sucking" sound of green sliding out of your wallet!

Glad you're part of the "Legion of the Lathe."

Petty Officer Bruce
"Legion of the Lathe"

By the way, all who have been assimilated are Honorary members of "The Legion of the Lathe." What does it get you. ............................ My undying respect for your GOOD judgement.

Mark Pruitt
05-23-2006, 1:28 PM
Hey Tyler there ya go. A machine that is good to go.:D

Here you go.......

Tyler Howell
05-23-2006, 1:36 PM
What's with all this pressure:confused: :confused:
I'll bet you could cure cancer or blindness with all the collective efforts to hook me on Spin Crack:eek:
Thanks guys, It's more fun pokin fun from the out side.:D :D

Parker Nicholson
05-23-2006, 4:34 PM
Bought that lathe a month ago for LOML to turn pens, bottle stoppers, and other small stuff on. I was really impressed with how quiet it is! Since we didn't really need another chuck, we sold it, bringing the actual lathe cost down to $190.00. :D

John Miliunas
05-23-2006, 6:23 PM
I've turned a number of pens on that exact lathe at work. I'm really quite impressed, especially seeing as to how most of my recent work has been on a big Vega bowl lathe! :) Although it lacks the electronic speed control, changing speeds via the belt is really a pretty quick task. I agree...Great deal on a nice little lathe! :) :cool:

Corey Hallagan
05-23-2006, 8:49 PM
John, where do you work that you get to turn pens at work? Another Woodcraft employee or Rockler?

Corey

George Conklin
05-23-2006, 10:12 PM
What's with all this pressure:confused: :confused:
I'll bet you could cure cancer or blindness with all the collective efforts to hook me on Spin Crack:eek:
Thanks guys, It's more fun pokin fun from the out side.:D :D

Resistance is futile.

It's like the old saying,,,You can run, but you'll just die tired:D

Chuck Beland
05-24-2006, 4:32 AM
What really irritates me if I had waited 3 weeks before I got my jet mini I could have got a free midi chuck:mad:

byron constantine
05-24-2006, 11:20 PM
I am debating as to purchasing the rikon over the jet. I like the 12" swing
and a few other things on the rikon. Comparing apples to oranges is the
jet that much better?
Byron

byron constantine
05-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Is the jet better than the rikon?
Byron

Corey Hallagan
05-24-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't know about better, I am sure that the Rikon is a very nice lathe, lots of guys are getting them and the Jet has a long standing track record but either way, the Jet for 269. with a Nova Midi Chuck can't be beat. That is a 375 - 400.00 value.

Corey