PDA

View Full Version : Plan "B"

Christopher K. Hartley
05-22-2006, 7:40 PM
Well you've just about convinced me that the first big tree is probably not worth the effort. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=36772 ; however, I won't quit! For about the last week and a half I've been seeing this on the way to work(another route). It finally got the best of me so I stopped and jnocked on the door. No answer. Not to be disuaded, I went back to the truck found some paper and a pen and left a note on the front door. An older gentleman called me back and long story short he let me have four logs as he wanted to sell the others to get some money back. I came home and turned a couple of small pieces and WOW! it sure turns nice and has beautiful grain. It is oak and really nice. The gentleman said he would call me if he decided to have the big trunk come out. I sure hope he does. It appears to be about 5' at the base. I'm in the process of making him a bowl.

Corey Hallagan
05-22-2006, 8:43 PM
Way to go there Chris, you getting to be a regular woodsman :) Can't wait to see some stuff from it.

Corey

Ernie Nyvall
05-22-2006, 9:24 PM
Wow, that is a big one Chris. What's nice is that the limbs and stuff are all cleaned up.

Ernie