PDA

View Full Version : PC omnijig

bill walton
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
A neighbor walked into the garage yesterday with a wheel barrow containing a 24" omnijig and 6 unopened boxes of fixtures for it. He said he'd had it for several years. The clamping bars are covered with surface rust but look like they'll clean up. I was really surprised at how much it weighed. My D4 feels like a feather compared to the omni. One of the boxes looks like it contained a set of adjustable fingers but I was working on some cabinets and have yet to really look closely. There was no instruction booklet, anyone have one they'd be willing to copy and share.

Mike Hollingsworth
05-22-2006, 12:52 PM
I tossed it with my VHS
I'll bet you can find one on eBay.

make sure you don't make the rollers too smooth.
They are for gripping!!

mjh

Doug McLauchlan
05-22-2006, 2:06 PM
You can download the manual in pdf format from Amazon.

http://media-server.amazon.com/exec/drm/digital/moleproxy.cgi?name=UG9ydGVyLUNhYmxlIDcyMTYgMjQgT21 uaWppZyBNYW51YWw=&file=TUFOVUFMMDAwMDUwMDc0LnBkZg==

If that link does not work just search for Omnijig on Amazon, and the link on that page will get you to it.

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-22-2006, 9:21 PM
I like my omnijig way better 'n my leigh D4.
You got a really nice tool there.

Setting it up can take a little longer than the Leigh but once it's set it is golden.
It's less critical to have the stops exactly in some arbitrary position than it is to set them so that they make the edges come out dead even.

The Leigh is faster to set up so when you are only doing a few drawers or cases you'll likely use that but, when you have many many pieces that PC Omnijig will prove it's worth.

bill walton
05-23-2006, 4:41 AM
I was thinking of having the clamp rollers bead blasted and powder coated but Mike you mention not having them too smooth. Do you think my idea would reult in a surface that was too smooth?

Mike Hollingsworth
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
I was thinking of having the clamp rollers bead blasted and powder coated but Mike you mention not having them too smooth. Do you think my idea would reult in a surface that was too smooth?

bead blast maybe, but no way with the powder coat. I bought mine new about 10 years ago. The rollers are rusty and they work great.

mike