PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's

Bob Lasley
09-05-2003, 8:52 AM
Good Friday Morning All,

Can you say Bar-Beeee-Que? Hopefully, sometime between noon and 3:00, I will be rolling east to Terry's place. I am looking forward to a great time, some lairipin good brisket and seeing a bunch of you!

So, you headed for Arkansas, or what? If you are not going to make it, we will miss you, but.........that leaves more brisket for the rest of us! :D

Have a great weekend all,
Bob

Jim Becker
09-05-2003, 9:00 AM
Sadly, Arkansas is not on the bill for me, but I'll spend lots of sympathetic shop time to make up for it... :D

I have a bunch of drawer boxes to assemble and lacquer after sanding the components as well as some additional finish carpentry in the kitchen. Hopefully, I can get all the drawers and doors installed so we can get all the stuff out of our great room over the next week. There is still painting to do and Expo just called that our tile for the backslashes in. I'll need time to make the trip to pick that up, too.

I suppose that I'll also have to attend to the lawn now that it's stopped raining for a few days...at least until Henri makes it up the coast.

Mike Evertsen
09-05-2003, 9:06 AM
not heading south this weekend instead I'll be taking down the 16' gargae door building a wall with a window and 2 24" doors to replace it,,,,sunday
afternoon going to a football get together to watch da bears,,,,,

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-05-2003, 6:23 PM
Tomorrow morning we'll take the daughter-in-law and grandbaby to the other grandparents house, and they'll carry her to the airport Sunday morning for the trip back home. She's been visiting since June while hubby is off on the submarine. On the way back, I'll stop at Woodcraft and pick up some clock dials I ordered, then Sunday I'll start building in earnest for the upcoming Mesquite Festival (Oct 10-12). I've got a pair of nitestands finished and a Morris chair on hand, but gotta knock out the Mission bed, three clocks, a Mission rocker, and a couple wall cabinets in the next three weeks or so. In other words, I'm taking a few weeks off from the drudgery of building tables and chairs...

KC

Jim Becker
09-05-2003, 6:27 PM
I've got a pair of nitestands finished and a Morris chair on hand, but gotta knock out the Mission bed, three clocks, a Mission rocker, and a couple wall cabinets in the next three weeks or so. In other words, I'm taking a few weeks off from the drudgery of building tables and chairs...

Now KC...doesn't a rocker count as a chair? :D What ever it is, yours are outstanding! I've always admired them since seeing the first pic on your site some time ago. I hope it brings you major business!!

David Rose
09-05-2003, 7:29 PM
Jeese! That's already several guys I would love to meet who can't come. :mad: Hopefully next year...

I guess I'll spend the next WEEK or more clearing out the long wall of my shop for the termite eating people. Half of my shop is along that wall including my wood rack. :mad: This is their second time around and to save me (and them) work the first time they didn't drill the slab next to that wall. Ugh! We should have done it right the first time. THEY'RE B-A-A-A-CK!!! Lost most of 5 sheets of material, but it could have been much worse. There doesn't appear to be any structural damage and my solid wood seems safe.

Have some woodworking fun for me. At least the BBQ will help take my mind off the termites for a bit. "...slowly they nibble, bit by bit..." I did kill a few thou with some spray, so there is probably no rush. Except for a couple of projects that were to start soon.

David

John Miliunas
09-05-2003, 8:09 PM
"Sniff, sniff..." Hmmmph..No Bar-Beeee-Q for me. :( I will try to get some shop time in, though. Got a little finishing to do and will try to cut up some more box parts and maybe even get a new style pen or two twirled up on the old spinny thing. Shore do wish I were headed over to Terry's...Heh, maybe one of these years! You all have fun and *everyone* have a super weekend! :cool:

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-05-2003, 8:15 PM
Let's see...........Saturday, Cutting down a couple of Elm Trees, a Box Elder, and whatever else I can get my Saw on! Will be cutting Turning Blanks from the Elm, Box Elder, a Cherry Log, and a small Maple Log. Probably more turning too! I have turned my first Bowl and a couple of other little gems, and I will get some pictures posted sometime this weekend......................right now, I am just too tired to drag out the camera and setup for decent pictures. :p My Son, who in the past has shown a slight interest in Woodworking, has pretty much taken over my Lathe. He turned his first Green Oak Bowl, and it turned out better than I, or he, though it would. He remarked that he must have "That Woodworking Blood in me, like you and Grandpa"! That pretty much made my week! We are having a ball with the Lathe! :D Good thing I have the Jet Mini coming..............the boy is a bit of a Lathe Hog! ;) I hope everyone enjoys their weekend, especially those attending Terry's BBQ. Wish I were there, but next year, the LOML informed me that we WILL be. :D

Tom Sweeney
09-05-2003, 8:44 PM
I know Y'all will have a great time - don't forget to post pics to make the rest of us jealous ;)

For me I'm hoping to get at least a few hours to clean & somewhat organize my shop. I won't have enough time to do the full bore clearing out & organizing that I'd like to - but I have to try and at least make it good enough that I can work in the shop & maybe get some Christmas gifts made..

Will probably try to watch LOML jr's field hockey game tomorrow morning - between checking out yet another problem at one of the rental properties. Thank God this is my last one & I listed it for sale 2 weeks ago - so hopefully I won't have to deal with it much longer.

Everyone have fun & be safe!

Steve Clardy
09-05-2003, 8:58 PM
HATFIELD'S BARBECUE!!!!!!!!!
Can't leave till 10:00 Sat. morning, so that puts us there at Springdale arounf 2:00. [Wife has to work sat. morning]
Steve[COLOR=darkorange]

Tony Falotico
09-05-2003, 9:07 PM
Well, according to the weatherman I'll spend Saturday (and possibly Sunday) trying to keep my head above water as Henri makes it's way across North Florida. Oh well, guess I'll finish that book I've been working on.

Jeff Rich
09-06-2003, 5:08 AM
Lets see......electrical wiring for shop, finish tile in kitchen, yard work....hmmm no shop time for me.
At least I will have a good supply of power and no flickering lights.
And speaking of lathe hogs...SWMBO started turning last year.
I had to buy another lathe just so I could do some turning again!
LOL

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-06-2003, 7:49 AM
Now KC...doesn't a rocker count as a chair? :D What ever it is, yours are outstanding! I've always admired them since seeing the first pic on your site some time ago. I hope it brings you major business!!

Thanks for the kind words, Jim. Nah, a rocker doesn't count...it's 'special'. :p

Happy Saturday...