PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Creekers

Guy Germaine
05-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Or at least a select few. One of my other hobbies is raising and showing Newfoundland dogs. I frequent another message board appropriately named Newf.Net. The board is run by a guy who is a professional photographer, by trade. He houses and pays for the server, pays for the high speed connection, and does all the maintenance on the board himself, and refuses to take any "donations" from any of the users.

A few months ago, he lost Cozy, his first Newf, and the reason that Newf.Net was started in the first place. He had her cremated and currently has her in a box on his mantle. He contacted me tonight, telling me that he's seen some of the boxes I've made, and asked if he could commission me to make a final resting place for Cozy. I immediately told him that I would be honored to make the box at no charge. I will start on it in about a week.

Here's where I need the Creeker family. I would LOVE to find someone with a laser engraver that would donate a laser engraved photograph of Cozy that I could incorporate into the lid of the box. Does anyone know of someone that would be willing to do this? Thanks for listening!
I am also going to post this in the other forum.

Tim Solley
05-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey Guy, you might try posting to the engravers forum. I think a lot of people have those laser engravers here and that's where you'll probably find them.

Good luck with the box!

Tim

Doug Jones from Oregon
05-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Guy...I make urns for pets every now and then. Thought I'd share some ideas with you.

You might consider putting the engraved image on the front of the box...this way, even if it is placed high on a shelf, one can enjoy the image.

One other thought would be to have the image engraved on a tile...makes the urn just a little more unique. If you find that you can't find anyone to engrave the tile, or the size of engravable tiles to limiting, you might consider having someone sublimate a full color image on tile...I think the option of tile sizes is larger for this technology.

Doug

Brent Vander Weil
05-22-2006, 4:42 PM
Guy-

Although I am new to the forum I too have a deep love and unsderstanding for the dog of the family.

I have not yet received my engraver, but it is due to ship this week... I am very new to this so I would be glad to volunteer my laser and my time to learn how to do this...

I won't be offended if there is someone with more knowledge than I who would like to step in on this... just want to put my 2 cents in.

Brent Vander Weil
Van's Designs
Sioux City, IA

Bob Belt
05-22-2006, 5:40 PM
It was because of the passing of our cocker that we had for 16 years that I got into this engraving business. We where looking for a marker of some type to put on her grave and came across granite memorials. I was really taken back by the work, and after much research decided I would also like to join the engraving club. I suppose Sawmill was the first forum I found, and have been a daily visitor ever since. I've really come a long way in the year since I got my machine. Learning curve is kinda steep, but I've really enjoyed every single minute....well, almost...lol :D
Bob