PDA

View Full Version : Only a few more days!!

David Duke
05-21-2006, 12:13 PM
The LOML and I will begin our first "real" vacation on the 29th, guess its about time after 30 years of marrage!! We'll be flying out to Fairbanks to begin a five day tour through the Alaskan wilderness, ending up in Seward where we will board the Radiance of the Seas cruise ship and take the 7 day southbound cruise ending up in Vancouver.

We've never really been by ourselves for two weeks straight without kids or family around.....guess I might not should of gotten a stateroom with a balcony, one of us may end up overboard!!

Rick Doyle
05-21-2006, 12:43 PM
hi david,

that sounds like a great trip, i'm sure you'll have a very memorable holiday. a 5 day trip thru the alaskan wilderness? hope you're on a nice comfortable bus or something!! take lots of pics - if you don't have a digital camera, be sure to pick one up before you go, you'll be glad you did.

the cruise down to vancouver will be spectacular - great scenery all the way.

Ken Garlock
05-21-2006, 6:05 PM
Great vacation, David.:cool:

LOML and I did a like thing back in 1995 on Holland American. We hit Fairbanks, Denali, Anchorage, Nome, Kotzibue, and all the stops along the panhandle. Try to take as many side trips as you can schedule at each port.

One of the best vacations we ever had. :)

Tyler Howell
05-21-2006, 6:21 PM
Way cool Dave,:cool:
Enjoy you trip assured there's no closet turning going on around here;)

David Duke
05-21-2006, 6:23 PM
Way cool Dave,:cool:
Enjoy you trip assured there's no closet turning going on around here;)

ROFL :D :D :D

Tyler Howell
05-21-2006, 6:50 PM
ROFL :D :D :D
That's a beautiful area and Dave, Soak it all in and start planning your next date with SWMBO:cool:

Jim Becker
05-21-2006, 6:52 PM
That's sounds great, David! I think the only cruise I'd ever go on is something like that one, too. Alaska would be much more interesting than most of the other alternatives. And it's great you get to do a bit of treking, too!

Bruce Page
05-21-2006, 7:15 PM
Man, that sounds like a blast! Have a great time!!