PDA

View Full Version : A real first.......

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-21-2006, 4:41 AM
..yep, first funnel.....:(

.............busted it through on the sanding! :eek:

Nice little Sakura bowl, I might just put in on the Donut chuck, and then glue a new base to it, bummer, it was truning out really nice too.

Oh well, not pics, so it did not happen right....? :D

John Hart
05-21-2006, 8:12 AM
Ya know...this could be a form of therapy for our blown projects. Just report them...but don't post any pics. That way...they never happened and we can move on with our lives! Good idea Stu!!!!:D

05-21-2006, 8:17 AM
Gee, can I second that motion....? :p

If I save it, I'll post pics, but if it becomes cool looking firewood............. ;)

Dennis Peacock
05-21-2006, 8:41 AM
Just finish up the funnel real nice Stu and use it in your "shop" when a customer is "really" thirsty. :p ;)

Bernie Weishapl
05-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Stu I have also glued a new bottom on some funnels. If they don't turn out that good or what I think is good I use them around the shop to hold small items.

Corey Hallagan
05-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Sorry Stu to hear it didn't work out but I think John has the right idea!

Corey

George Conklin
05-21-2006, 12:20 PM
I think it's probably the C-mans fault. Punish it by not turning on it anymore.

You should only have a few more days to wait.:)

05-21-2006, 2:14 PM
Well, I could not help myself, after a really boring day, annoying really (how would you like to be the only sober guys in the whole neighbourhood, WORKING while everyone else is having a good time and drinking beer all day :(

I went to the Dungeon and put the funnel back into the Donut chuck and got rid of the bottom, flattened it out and glued up a new bottom to it.

Then I blew up another NE :eek:

Pics to follow.............

Ken Fitzgerald
05-21-2006, 2:27 PM
Stu.......We've all made funnels....Welcome to the club!

BTW.............DON'T WORRY ABOUT PHOTOS.........The head Photo Cop was busted..........How'd that go.....ding dong the witch is dead .....the wicked witch ....the wicked witch.......:eek: :rolleyes: :D

05-21-2006, 2:34 PM
OK, this is what I did to try to fix this nice little pasta strainer.......ah bowl.....

Yep, there is a hole there

Just checking, for sure a hole

I put it back in the Donut chuck and turned the bottom away, making a flat spot

You can see there is a hole there for sure now! :D

Glued a block to it, hope this works.

Cheers!