PDA

View Full Version : Air Assist options?

Brent Vander Weil
05-20-2006, 5:40 PM
Ok another newbie question... got the ventalation "dust collector" (Delta Portable Dust Collector) now need air assist... Any tips? Cost.. Brand... Place to buy?

Jim A. Walters
05-20-2006, 6:13 PM
What type of laser do you have? Harbor Freight has the small airbrush compressor that is oil less for around $100. That is the same type my Pinnacle Mercury came with (only I paid $750 for it, live and learn!). If you goto fittingsdepot.com, they have the push type fittings for 1/4" polyethylene tubing really cheap. If you find out what you need, I have some extra fittings and tubing left over from an automation job I just did. I will sell them to you without ripping you for shipping.

Keith Outten
05-20-2006, 7:09 PM
Ok another newbie question... got the ventalation "dust collector" (Delta Portable Dust Collector) now need air assist... Any tips? Cost.. Brand... Place to buy?

Brent,

Get a compressor that is quiet. The noise is something you will have to live with and some days it will be for hours on end. I have a small airbrush compressor that came with my engraver that I have never used. I ran an air line from my workshop compressor upstairs to my shop office. When my engraver runs I don't even hear the shop compressor running and don't have to deal with the noise when I'm watching TV :)

Brent Vander Weil
05-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Jim-

Willing to make a deal on the fittings and tubing I will need them no matter what compressor solution I use....

Kieth-

Interested in making a deal on the airbrush compressor? I have a shop unit also, but I want to have a protable solution on hand also.