PDA

View Full Version : Further down the slope

George Sanders
05-20-2006, 8:43 AM
As I enjoyed using my hand planes I went out and got some more. Such as a Keen Kutter 5c for $4 at a pawn shop. At 2 auctions I netted a Stanley 10 1/4 rabbet plane, #7 type 10 jointer, Bedrock 606c, 605c, (both type 3) a #5 type 6 jack, and a #220 block plane. Total cost: $100. They were all pretty rusty but they cleaned up good and after sharpening they cut good too. The rabbet plane has some chips on the knob and tote as well as the previous owners name lightly stamped into the sides. The 606 bedrock has the wrong chip breaker and the tote has "pattern lab" stamped into it and the lever cap is chipped. The 605 has plier marks on the adjustment knob. Other than these few defects they are all good users. I'm going to an auction today to check out some hand saws and any other galoot tools they may have.:D

Roy Wall
05-23-2006, 5:10 PM
That is a great set George.........sharpen up and enjoy them!!

Steve Clardy
05-23-2006, 5:58 PM
Looks like you hit the bottom of the slope George. No saving ya now!!

John Miliunas
05-23-2006, 6:19 PM
Looks like you hit the bottom of the slope George. No saving ya now!!

Ah, yeah...And this coming from the guy buying and restoring every plane in sight!!! :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Steve Clardy
05-23-2006, 6:41 PM
Ah, yeah...And this coming from the guy buying and restoring every plane in sight!!! :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Not all. I've missed a couple:rolleyes:
Or should I say, I've misplaced a couple:confused: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Jerry Olexa
05-23-2006, 9:18 PM
Ya did Good....Nice acquisitions...Have fun