View Full Version : Festool Boom Arm

Per Swenson
05-20-2006, 8:17 AM
Hello Every One,

When I first perused this item in the Festool catalog

a long while back, I strained my wit comming up with

sucker jokes. Really. That ,and a how to get hosed again diatribe.

I should know better.

Over at the FOG, members posted some pictures and a review.

Then, Mr Lucas posted a full review on woodshop demos with

bonus scenery. That did it, common sense overuled disdain.

I used the farspeak device to chat with our own Bob Marino,

three and one half days later they lowered the boom at my door.

How I ever got along without this thing is beyond me.

The pure pleasure of having the hose off the floor for me

is worth the price of admission, nevermind the conversation starter

with my freinds in the Art&Design set.

Here is the Pic.

Per

Richard Wolf
05-20-2006, 8:25 AM
Hmmm, it takes on a robotic look, be careful, it may replace you.

Richard

tod evans
05-20-2006, 8:38 AM
ya`ll are getting way to futuristic in your shop per! first you get the ol` man a computerized chisel now a robot? what`s next? .02 tod

Mark Singer
05-20-2006, 8:43 AM
I will drive over.....BTW how much are you getting for a wash and detail..:confused:

John Lucas
05-20-2006, 9:49 AM
Per,
And you put it together without Andrea. If I could do that, I wouldn't need her each week so I am never going to let on that I can. It is a boon to good workmanship, isnt it. You shop almost has a showroom look to it. Goes with Festool.

Here is the story: http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fes-64.htm

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fes-642.jpg

Jim Becker
05-20-2006, 10:01 AM
I see no mention in the Festool catalog nor the web site (or Bob's web site) that Andrea is included with the boom. :) That said, I want one....it beats looping the hose over one's shoulder...

Dave Falkenstein
05-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Does the boom impact the portability of the dust extractor? Perhaps you have a very tall trailer or truck? Oh yeah - I get it - you use it strictly in the shop. Smile.

Interesting accessory. Does the boom include the long hose?

Per Swenson
05-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Dave,

Disassembles in under a minute for transport.

The big fat short hose and a lead cord come with it.

My regular green hose and plugit cord for the 1010 are attached to them in the picture.

Per

PS

I have two ct 22 collectors and I would have been ticked if it was a pain
to transport. (1 fer da shop,1 for installs)

P.

M. A. Espinoza
05-20-2006, 2:56 PM
Per,
And you put it together without Andrea. If I could do that, I wouldn't need her each week so I am never going to let on that I can. It is a boon to good workmanship, isnt it. You shop almost has a showroom look to it. Goes with Festool.

Here is the story: http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fes-64.htm

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fes-642.jpg

Mr. Lucas,

You continue to impress both with the information on your site and the quality of your shop help. I don't know how you manage to get such consistent quality help but is so unlike any shop that I have worked in.

You are my hero.:)

Best regards.

John Lucas
05-20-2006, 3:17 PM
Mr. Lucas,

You continue to impress both with the information on your site and the quality of your shop help. I don't know how you manage to get such consistent quality help but is so unlike any shop that I have worked in.

You are my hero.:)

Best regards.

Thanks for mention. I hate to disappoint you, but next week a new lass will be by...just when Per was getting used to Andrea. My hope is to have her, Andrea and Joslyn and sometimes Beth all share some time. They do get busy and it gets hard to plan. By the way, Woodcraft store a great place for finding talent. They do make my job fun.
John Lucas

Dev Emch
05-20-2006, 3:51 PM
I dont know, but it looks pretty cool to me.

Ever play those ink blop games? Why do I keep thinking about a Concrete Pumping boom truck with this thing?:rolleyes:

Frank Pellow
05-20-2006, 6:26 PM
Per, that is, indead, a very strange looking gizzmo. But, as one who is constantly struggling with the Festool hose and cord, I can see that it is a very useful gizzmo. I jsut added it to my wish list.

Bill Stoffels
05-23-2006, 8:11 AM
Per ,
Thanks for the info on the boom, You " see its never me" have cost me 1 ts55 a ct33 a 150/3 sander the boom so about $1500.00 this will make everything better. thanks for the post you just pushed me over the cliff I have been standing at for 3 months
Bill