PDA

View Full Version : Donuts.......mmmmmmmmm......

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-20-2006, 4:47 AM
OK, I finally got around to getting my Donut chuck done.

Finishing the bottom

For a spacer (because of the NE) I used a PVC pipe reducer joint thing.

Worked fine.

Cheers!

Michael Stafford
05-20-2006, 7:07 AM
Very creative solution, Stu. How did you pad the inside of the PVC to protect your NE? You sure are into this spinny thing all the way aren't you?;)

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-20-2006, 7:36 AM
Very creative solution, Stu. How did you pad the inside of the PVC to protect your NE? You sure are into this spinny thing all the way aren't you?;)

Just a chunk of foam.

as for the spinny thing all the way, is there any other way to do something? :D

Brad Hart
05-20-2006, 7:40 AM
i don't know what Stu did but I have 3 different padding materials. For deep vessels with smaller openings I use a straight piece of pvc with a raquet ball slit and shoved over the end of the pipe. I also have a few flanges made to fit over the end of a piece of pipe. Some are covered in unfinished full grain leather and some are covered in the non skid shelf matting. I have also found that while the shelf mats from dollar stores work as well as the high priced stuff they tend to wear out a little faster around the edges. I also use the padding on the bottom piece of the chuck and around the lip of the top piece to keep from marring the piece and provide a more secure fit.

Jim King
05-20-2006, 1:34 PM
As we have shoe and sandal repair shops on the street corners here we bought sandal sole materal for the donut lining. Works very nice.

Ernie Nyvall
05-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Very cool Stu.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
05-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey Stu now your talking. Nice looking donut chuck. I made about 3 of them and made different size holes in them for small to large bowls. I have the donut part in 4" thru 13". Nice job Stu.