PDA

View Full Version : Dunno what I did....

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-20-2006, 4:42 AM
.......but this one turned out OK....I guess...:confused:

This is the first NE bowl I've finished

The wood is the Dunno wood I have a lot of, it was all cracked and checked
but I used the CA to good effect.

The wood is REALLY soft, so care must be taken when sanding

It gets these mold kind of marks, and the grain is kind of odd,
so I'm not really "liking" it so much, but my wife likes it :D

Yep, Dunno what I did....:D

Thanks for looking!

Greg Koch
05-20-2006, 5:46 AM
Stu..."but my wife likes it"... Bingo! What else matters? (handy when ya need a new tool!:D)

Greg

Michael Stafford
05-20-2006, 6:59 AM
When your wife lets you bring your stuff into the house most of the battle is won. That is a fine looking NE. Good job!:D

Bernie Weishapl
05-20-2006, 9:13 AM
I agree if the wife likes it you have won. That is a good looking HF. Ya did good Stu.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-20-2006, 9:37 AM
Stu..........Nice NE! I like it! It's raining here today.......I thought I was going to have to work this weekend. Instead, it looks like I'm going to try to meet with a fellow Creeker and then.........maybe......try my first NE.

Nice first NE!

05-20-2006, 9:43 AM
I agree if the wife likes it you have won. That is a good looking HF. Ya did good Stu.

HF.....HF....:eek:

Yikes I've graduated to HF without even knowing I did it..........darn, I must REALLY be getting good ;) :p :D

Sorry could not resist....:D

Jeff Horton
05-20-2006, 9:50 AM
Stu, I know what you did.

You did good! ;)

05-20-2006, 9:59 AM
Stu..........Nice NE! I like it! It's raining here today.......I thought I was going to have to work this weekend. Instead, it looks like I'm going to try to meet with a fellow Creeker and then.........maybe......try my first NE.

Nice first NE!

We had a typical spring day here, sunny, warm, heck HOT and muggy, then the wind picked up, and the sky got dark, the street lights came one (3PM) and it rained, it rained HARD, and it rained SIDEWAYS, then I think it rained UPSIDED DOWN..... then it got REALLY ugly :D

30 minutes later, the sky was blue again, the temp went up and the street lights went out.

I was driving my little deliver van (the one from the Tokyo Logging thread) and a couple of times I could have swore it was hailing from the noise inside the van.

Oh yeah, we did some turf surfing today as well....:rolleyes:

Supposed to be nice and sunny all day tomorrow!

George Conklin
05-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Stu..."but my wife likes it"... Bingo! What else matters? (handy when ya need a new tool!:D)

Greg

Oh yeah. I'm quite familiar with this one!;)

Dennis Peacock
05-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Very Nice Stu!!!!! I need to add that one to my personal collection!!!!;) :D

I'm proud of ya and you did "good".!!!!

John Miliunas
05-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Nice job, Stu! NE's are fun, though can bit a challenge, as well. Looks to me like you've got it covered and, as long as the lady of the house approves, you've got it made! :D Good job!!! :) :cool:

Jim Ketron
05-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Nice Job Stu!

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
05-20-2006, 1:40 PM
Nice bowl, Stu. How badly did it vibrate the Craftsman?

05-20-2006, 2:11 PM
Nice bowl, Stu. How badly did it vibrate the Craftsman?

Not too bad, but the wood is really soft, and I made sure my tools were sharp.

The thing is, with anything over a light cut, you can see the whole lathe flex, you seriously can see the headstock moving.

I can't wait to get the DVR, so many nice things about it, but I'm told the 1 1/4" spindle is rock solid, especially compared to the 3/4" on the C-man.

Cheers!

Ernie Nyvall
05-20-2006, 3:25 PM
You did good Stu. Nice bowl.

Ernie