PDA

View Full Version : Everyone have a safe trip......

Terry Hatfield
09-04-2003, 7:46 AM
Mornin' everyone,

Well, I guess most of you that are coming to the Central States BBq will be starting the trek tomorrow. Please drive safely and have a good trip. don't forget to bring your lawn chairs.

The response has been fantastic this year. We are expecting a really good crowd. We are looking very forward to seeing our old friends and meeting new ones.

If you are not on the list yet, it's not too late!!! We have plenty of room and plenty of food and fun to go around. Email me if you need maps or any information.

Terry and the other Arkies

Keith Outten
09-04-2003, 6:09 PM
Terry,

We sent you the last two SawMill Creek hats in the mail, I hope you have them by the weekend for the BBQ.

Enjoy!

Wish I could be there, I promise to attend next year. To all who attend have a great time and we hope everyone has a safe trip.

Ed Falis
09-04-2003, 6:27 PM
Yep, echoing Keith. Y'all have a great time, and maybe some of us yankees will show up next year.

- Ed

Lee Patz
09-04-2003, 7:00 PM
Hi Terry,

We can't wait - the car is loaded down with Mesquite, thanks to Phil Joines, and some nice burl pen blanks and turning blocks from Mike Mastin at Curly Woods. I told Kay if she's packing luggage, she'd have to hold it on her lap! :D

We'll be on the road by 5:00 A.M. so hope to see you sometime early Friday afternoon.

Lee

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-04-2003, 7:16 PM
Terry & Connie Quiram are on the way! I had the great pleasure of meeting them this morning when we loaded the Lathe and assorted tooling on my Trailer. Great folks, it was indeed a pleasure for my wife and I to meet them and visit for a short while. I have the Lathe setup, and I have even managed to get a few little things turned. I will have to wait until my Nova Chuck arrives to finish my projects, so I can share the photo's with my fellow Creeksters. LOML and I will be getting together with Terry and Connie next February at the Wood Show in Collinsville, and my wife mentioned to me that we should attend the various BBQ's and other get togethers. Ya don't have to twist my arm! We will be attending a few of the gatherings next year.........I think it would be great to meet all the members of Sawmill Creek! Gotta run.............the Lathe is calling! :D

Terry Hatfield
09-04-2003, 7:46 PM
Keith,

We hope you can make it next year!!!!! Not to worry, I will eat a big hunk of Cheryl's brisket for you. :D

Thanks for getting the hats out. I will be glad to wear one at the BBq.

Terry

Terry Hatfield
09-04-2003, 7:47 PM
Yep, echoing Keith. Y'all have a great time, and maybe some of us yankees will show up next year.

- Ed
Ed,

Even Yankee's are welcome here any time. :D Hope to see you next year.

Terry

Terry Hatfield
09-04-2003, 7:48 PM
Kevin,

Cool!!!! Have fun with the new lathe. Plan to bring the SWMBO and join us next year for a little southern food and fun.

Terry

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-04-2003, 9:56 PM
Terry, you can mark us down for next year! :D I am sure it is a very enjoyable weekend, and every time I have been to Arkansas, I have loved it. Great folks and beautiful country. Have a great time, we look forward to seeing some pictures of the festivities...........make sure everyone that has a camera USES it! :D

Terry Hatfield
09-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Terry, you can mark us down for next year! :D I am sure it is a very enjoyable weekend, and every time I have been to Arkansas, I have loved it. Great folks and beautiful country. Have a great time, we look forward to seeing some pictures of the festivities...........make sure everyone that has a camera USES it! :D

Kevin,

No problem with the pictures. I have my digital ready to go already. We will have a bunch of pics to post. Look forward to seeing you folks next year!!

BTW...Terry and Connie made it safe and sound. They came by for a brief visit and to get the scroll saw set up this evening.

I am getting really excited!!! It's gonna be a really good time. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Terry

Jack Diemer
09-04-2003, 10:36 PM
What time does this Shin Dig get started on Saturday??

Do you need any of that good KC BARBQ sauce exported to Arkansas?

Terry Hatfield
09-05-2003, 12:36 AM
What time does this Shin Dig get started on Saturday??

Do you need any of that good KC BARBQ sauce exported to Arkansas?
Jack,

We are having breakfast at Susan's resturant on 412W in Springdale around 7:00 on Saturday morning. We should be back here before 8:00.

We are always glad to get free food related items around here. :D

See you saturday,

Terry

David Rose
09-05-2003, 4:12 AM
Terry, I'm still coming, but... I can't find the key to the handcuffs that Bob Lasley suggested. It is rough sleeping with an FMT. I guess I started getting ready too early. The first night with it was fine, but... It would be nice to be able to touch the wife sometime. Maybe I should have cuffed it to my right hand. Have you tried changing which side of the bed you sleep on? That is a difficult solution too.

PLEASE bring Smith & Wesson handcuff keys!

Will see you Friday night for a bit, if I can still find my way. You didn't ever send ME a map! :(

Dad made it in and is coming with me. He REALLY wants to see the Tormek demo! I think he is bringing a lathe tool or two. He thinks he has nothing to lose. :D

David, slighted in Arkansas

Terry Hatfield
09-05-2003, 11:02 AM
David,

I'll tell you the same thing I told Dennis.....If you don't know the way by now there is no hope for you. :D :D :D

Just leave the FMT with me. I'll take good care of it. :D

See you tonite,

Terry

Scott Coffelt
09-05-2003, 5:32 PM
Terry, I know you all will have fun. I won't be making it, we kind of had a hectic week here and really do need to stay in town. Of course Jack will tell you I am just blowing you off. I wish I was there, sure sounds like some fun. I promise to make it down there some time. BTW, Jack needs some really good razin' as he still does not have his DE cyclone up and running.... well at least the ducting. :p

At least I am sucking dust. :D And Jack is just wishing he is sucking dust :rolleyes:

Have fun be safe and pack in those groceries. Look forward to the pics, I plan to go next year fer sure.