PDA

View Full Version : Screw clamps & foam brushes

Nissim Avrahami
05-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Good day

Here, in Poland the WW hobby is not so developed yet and I cannot find many tools that in USA are just a jump to the HD or so.

I made for myself screw clamps, my version.
All the numbers on the clamps are my dimensions – in inches.
The advantage is that you can make them at any dimensions you like, short jaws or long jaws.
Usually the tightening of the butterfly nut with the slotted “key” is sufficient but if you need more pressing force use the wrench on the nut, as in the picture.

Just to make it more interesting, I added a picture of my homemade foam brushes made of some old mattress, just cut it to shape with sharp utility knife and you have hundreds of them, I just through them after one use.
BTW, most of my projects are painted with Poly Varnish, with those foam brushes, don’t use them with Nitro based paint.

Regards
niki

Tyler Howell
05-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Wow Niki
You are really smoking on the roll your own theme.
Nicely done

Ray Bersch
05-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Are you sure you are not from Maine - that is great Yankee ingenuity!
Ray

Steve Clardy
05-19-2006, 6:02 PM
Looks great!!

Nissim Avrahami
05-19-2006, 6:09 PM
Thank you all for the nice replies

Ray
No, I’m not from Main (never been there), I’m from Poland (originally Israel).

niki

Jim Dunn
05-19-2006, 6:54 PM
Well you've got some of that yankee stuff in your blood from some food or something. Nicely done! I'm going to show my wife how to make her own brushes.:)

Michael Ballent
05-19-2006, 8:46 PM
Niki, your screw clamps remind me of the clamps luthiers use when they make guitars or violins. Theirs are round and they put them all around the body of the instrument.

Nice work, and please keep showing us all the neat inventions you have come up with. :D

Charles McKinley
05-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi Niki,

Great ideas. I think a lot of people would be better off of they had to think up something rather than just driving to the store. I will look forward to your post.