PDA

View Full Version : My latest "woodworking" project

Marty Walsh
05-18-2006, 8:17 PM
Here's my latest 'woodworking' project. Well, sort of woodworking, since the guts of it is mostly wood.

At least the kittens seem to like it...

Hopefully this is the last 'honey-do' before I break ground on my new shop next week...

- Marty -

Bruce Page
05-18-2006, 8:22 PM
That's cool! It looks like the cats are really enjoying it.
Remember, you must post pics on the new shop!

Gary Herrmann
05-18-2006, 8:25 PM
Are those Maine Coons? I built one for my now one yr old kitten last year. I also used those curved concrete forms on one level. Hope yours hold up better than mine did. I had to replace mine with ply after my yellow lab repeatedly chased the cat up the condo.

Now the cat knows he can aggravate the dogs by sitting in our laps and getting petted.

The trials and tribulations of furry children...

Pete Harbin
05-18-2006, 8:27 PM
Nice job Marty. It looks like one kitty is a bit more daring than the other.

Pete

Marty Walsh
05-18-2006, 9:00 PM
Bruce,

Had Frank not set the bar SO HIGH, I'd create and update a shop building thread. But I can't think to live up to Franks standard of thread, so I'll probably create a before and after.

But then again, I may need assistance as I go, so I might be creating a thread or two. Regardless, I will post pics of the finished product.

Gary,

No, they're not coon's, although I wish they were. I've always had a thing for a cat that's as big as most dogs! :rolleyes: They're just sisters that LOML rescued from an uncertain future. One neat thing is that they were both born with almost no tails...just little stubs.

I'm prepared to replace parts or the whole depending on how it stands up. I don't think we need a lab to help destroy it. These two terrors are doing a fine job in the two days it's been setup! And they're only about two months old!!! :eek:

Pete,

That's SO true. The darker of the two RACED up to the upper level as soon as I put the condo in place. The other one is yet to even see that level. I've named the darker one "trouble"...with an alias of "monkey" given the way she climbs!

- Marty -

Jim Becker
05-18-2006, 9:06 PM
I do believe you are correct that your feline friends like it! Nice job!

Corey Hallagan
05-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Ha... that cool, nice work Marty! That cats are certainly digging it!

Corey

Tim Solley
05-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Bruce,
One neat thing is that they were both born with almost no tails...just little stubs.

Marty, if they just have little stubs, they might be manx's. That breed has no tail. We have one and she's a really cool cat! Have you ever noticed the kittens hopping around kind of like rabbits? If so, they might be manx's. That's a trait of the manx. When ours gets spooked, she tears off across the house hopping with her back legs together, very un-cat like.

Tim

tod evans
05-19-2006, 11:10 AM
marty, i for one would like you to do a fairly comprehensive log of your shop construction. don`t try to compare it to franks, just do it your way, lotsa folks will benefit just as they have from franks.....02 tod

Marty Walsh
05-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Marty, if they just have little stubs, they might be manx's. That breed has no tail. We have one and she's a really cool cat! Have you ever noticed the kittens hopping around kind of like rabbits? If so, they might be manx's. That's a trait of the manx. When ours gets spooked, she tears off across the house hopping with her back legs together, very un-cat like.

Tim

Tim,

I suspect they have some manx in them, but their stubs are a little too long to be pure manx. They do hop around, but they also run sideways, and all sorts of other kitten like things.

Regardless of their pedigree, they're pretty fun to watch. Especially since they stopped trying to rip into my leather furniture once i built them their condo! :D

- Marty -

Marty Walsh
05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
marty, i for one would like you to do a fairly comprehensive log of your shop construction. don`t try to compare it to franks, just do it your way, lotsa folks will benefit just as they have from franks.....02 tod

Tod,

I've been thinking about this since I posted that response above. I think I will create a shop thread. As you say, even if I don't create the comprehensive, well organized wealth of knowledge that Frank did, others might benefit from pieces of it.

By the way, I've incorporated quite a few things from folks input on the previous threads I've created. For example, your input on the flooring resulted in me ordering 7/8" Advantech. Thanks for that.

- Marty -

tod evans
05-19-2006, 11:48 AM
thanks marty, and you`re welcome! tod