PDA

View Full Version : creeker visit

tod evans
05-18-2006, 5:41 PM
frank fusco stopped by with his "v" chisels just a bit ago, sharpened up just fine. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=36411 gave him the nickle tour of my mess and bs`d for a while. this time it`s not my fault for no pictures! frank said he didn`t want me to take any? thanks for stopping by frank. tod

Dennis Peacock
05-18-2006, 7:00 PM
Another Creeker visit? Wow!!! You are a popular feller there Tod!!!! Glad to see fellow Creeker's get together when they can.

lou sansone
05-18-2006, 7:36 PM
always nice to get creekers together

lou

Bob Noles
05-18-2006, 8:45 PM
Did he get to go dumster diving? :D

I always love to read of the creeker visits, but enjoy pictures even more. Too bad Frank is camera shy. Bet it was a good time anyhow.

Frank Fusco
05-19-2006, 10:06 AM
I enjoyed the visit, especially after learning his three huge mastiff dogs had been fed prior to my arrival. ;) Really nice dogs that let you know when they want to be petted. Tod was a great host. Very multi-faceted guy and obviously a talented woodworker. Seeing his equipment opened my eyes and gave me a new perspective on what is being discussed here. What he has and what is in the average home workshop is worlds apart. And, yes, he did properly sharpen my V carving tools. Actually, I brought the small one just for chuckles. So many people have 'sharpened' that thing in the past that I fully expected another 'expert' disaster. Didn't happen, good sharpening. Picture? I didn't know it was a custom. I've got one here from my main passion, early American history. Mebbe a woodworker/turner version another day.

tod evans
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
frank, the cool thing about the smc community is that we have every type of woodworker here from granny with her lil` ol` dremmel scrollsaw doing intarsia in her spare bedroom to folks running productive sawmills or others who perform computer wizardry on a production basis, even others who wouldn`t think of owning an electric powered tool. all of us chip in our .02 on whatever interests us and hopefully knowledge is echanged in the process, i know i`ve certainly learned alot since joining. .02 tod