PDA

View Full Version : Spaghetti............

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-18-2006, 1:45 PM
OK, now this is just too much fun, in fact, maybe I should not post this here, if the government found out how much fun this was, they might just tax it :eek:

We had a small tree growing beside our shop, it was not planted there, it just grew there. It is a kind of cherry, but VERY different from the cherry I've been working.

The pieces are only about 4" round, so I cut them up and put them on the C-man lathe and started to make them round.

What a blast, it was like Silly String all over again! :D

Making it round and having a blast!

Big pile there

Where did I put that parting tool.....?

FUN FUN FUN!!

Cheers!

Christopher K. Hartley
05-18-2006, 1:50 PM
Forget the parting tool, where did you put the C-man? I can't find it anywhere. Oh to be a kid again...:D

Scott Donley
05-18-2006, 2:47 PM
Stu, that is sure a lot of work just for a custom toothpick:D :D ( the cleaning up part, not the turning )

Joe Fisher
05-18-2006, 3:58 PM
Nothing quite as fun as making streamers ;)

Don't forget to clean that lathe. You'll have rusty ways in no time flat otherwise.

-Joe

Mike Ramsey
05-18-2006, 4:54 PM
I know that was fun! Looks like wet Poplar from here.

Ernie Nyvall
05-18-2006, 9:44 PM
Looks edible... put some sauce on it.

Ernie

George Conklin
05-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Uh Oh!
I see another bonker contest entry.

Barry Stratton
05-18-2006, 10:51 PM
I love the noodles!!! Keep them coming Stu!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-19-2006, 8:42 AM
Stu........I had the exact experience with a neighbors Japanese maple! Didn't end up with much besides the "spaghetti" but sure was FUN!

05-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Stu........I had the exact experience with a neighbors Japanese maple! Didn't end up with much besides the "spaghetti" but sure was FUN!

Really it is not good for much besides a weed pot or bonker, so why not noodles :D

PURE FUN!!

Erin Raasch
05-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Isn't that great? Couple weeks ago we got some fresh-cut, very wet boxelder - I started turning out these long, spaghetti-like shavings and it was hard to stop long enough to come in for supper. So much fun I was laughing out loud, all by myself out there in the shop. :p

Erin

05-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Nice to hear it's not just me :D

Giggling like a fool was I, then, yes, laughing out loud so long and hard I had tears in my eyes :D:D:D

Hey, I got about another 4 pieces to do :eek: :D

I think I might try to get my daughters in on these ones, then they would be hooked too! :D

Don Baer
05-19-2006, 12:19 PM
STU,
I fully understand the fun. I was turning a little confetti lamp last Saturday out of walnut and as the ribbon can flying off at 1800 rpms I almost got carried away watching it and ALMOST turned the whole thing down to nothing.:D The ribbon was just flying through the air and across the bench.

05-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Ya it is really cool ain't it :D

Cheers!

Jim King
05-19-2006, 5:06 PM
Stu: Would you like a little tropical wood salad and wooden egg to go with your spagetti ?¿

Dennis Peacock
05-19-2006, 7:10 PM
Isn't that great? Couple weeks ago we got some fresh-cut, very wet boxelder - I started turning out these long, spaghetti-like shavings and it was hard to stop long enough to come in for supper. So much fun I was laughing out loud, all by myself out there in the shop. :p

Erin

Oooohhhhhh Erin.......You've got it pretty Bad.!!!!:eek: :p :rolleyes: :D

Just like the rest of us. :cool: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
05-19-2006, 10:45 PM
IIRC...........I got started in the Turner's forum by making a comment during last fall's itty bitty contest............

"It seems to me that turning those exotics has the same effect as smoking dope or drinking beer or wine!"......... I was right! And with the help of some dear friends.........I found out for myself!:rolleyes:

Thanks again!