PDA

View Full Version : Visit to GIS and Jet Distribution Center

Ken Salisbury
09-03-2003, 9:17 PM
I went to Nashville today to pick up my Jet 1642EVS lathe at General Industrial Supply. Rick Warren and I went over to the Jet Distribution Center and all I can say about that place is WOW !! It is a single building with 1/2 million sq ft of space (and little or none of it unused). Steel racks which seem to stretch into the clouds :D. Equipment and parts coming in one side of the building and going out the other side, fork lifts and golf carts going every which way. Even the walk from one end of the building to the other wore the "old man" out (they wouldn't let me have a golf cart:D). I was extremely impressed with the neatness/cleanliness of the facility. This facility is the distribution center for all Jet Equipment and Parts for the Eastern US and where all equipment returns are processed.

Rick Warren (GIS owner) also donated a great item for the SMC Giveaway Program. Details on that prize will be posted soon. Rick wanted to show his appreciation for the business he has received from our members.

As far as the 1642EVS lathe I will post more about it once I get it up and running (after I return from Arkansas).

Hal Flynt
09-04-2003, 3:51 PM
It makes me feel like I think SWMBO feels when she goes to the mall. 24 inch bansaws, lots of industrial machinery. 2 trips so far = 3 tools.

Rick is a top notch person to deal with.