PDA

View Full Version : Got PhotoGrav?

Brent Vander Weil
05-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I just bought a 35W Epilog MINI 18... I am waiting on delivery... I have CorelDraw 12, but I am wondering if I need to get PhotoGrav... I am cheap LOL and I really don't want to lay out the ~$390 for it... but I want to do photographs... What do ya'll think of this? Is it just a necessary evil of the business :-) ? IF so... anyone got a copy they want to sell? Thanks and I am really looking forward to becoming a more active member of this forum... it is great!!!

Bruce Volden
05-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Brent,

I have been in this business in excess of 11 yrs. now. Although I hear great things about it (PhotoGrav) I have been doing just great without it!! I too am "cheap", but more honestly I hate learning new software :(
Everday there a new product releases for the laser/cnc industry, but CorelDraw 4, 5, 8, 10, & 11 have been serving me fine.

Bruce

Joe Pelonio
05-18-2006, 1:27 PM
Brent,
I have been in this business in excess of 11 yrs. now. Although I hear great things about it (PhotoGrav) I have been doing just great without it!! I too am "cheap", but more honestly I hate learning new software :(
Everday there a new product releases for the laser/cnc industry, but CorelDraw 4, 5, 8, 10, & 11 have been serving me fine.
Bruce
For me it's only 2 years (next month) with the laser but I too have done without photograv. Between Corel 12 & Photopaint, and also Photoshop I have been able to manage so far. I'd probably get it if I did more photos,
as it might save time, but any investment has to pay for itself, even $400.

Michael McDuffie
05-18-2006, 2:55 PM
I have PhotoGrav and it works quite well for me. I dove in with both feet and got QuickBooks, PhotoGrav, SmartDraw, a FAX machine, a bunch of samples and a lot of other junk I thought I needed.

Only thing I use regularly is QuickBooks. I use PhotGrav a few times a year but I don't do photos very often. You can get the same effect with PhotoPaint but need to practice some. PhotoGrav is almost point and click.

Michael

Pete Simmons
05-18-2006, 3:19 PM
Take a look at my website

LaserImageArts.com

I do a fair number of photos. I use photograv and it works great. I would not have a clue of how to do the marble without it.

I too have a Epilog Mini-18 35 w

Brent Vander Weil
05-18-2006, 4:07 PM
Thnaks for all the replys guys.. and Pete... I expect you and I may become good friends :-) May need some pointers on this and having someone who has the exact same equipment may be a big help :-)

Pete Simmons
05-18-2006, 4:19 PM
I will be glad to help. Just ask.

Wil Lambert
05-19-2006, 6:18 AM
We use Photograv for most picture but sometimes Photoshop is better. Photograv will allow you to have a less knowledgable employee work on the picture when needed.

Wil