PDA

View Full Version : I've been USPS'd again.........I dont' know what I got

Ken Fitzgerald
05-18-2006, 1:32 AM
but I sure hope it wasn't a mistake.:o David Fried..........what did you send me?:confused: ..........What kind of wood is it?:confused: .............Thanks.......It's 10:30pm....I just got home from work........Have to leave early in the morning so I'll try to get time tomorrow to post a photo........

Come on David.........Tell what kind of wood this is...........:confused:

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-18-2006, 2:17 AM
<!--StartFragment -->
.....Come on David.........Tell what kind of wood this is...........:confused:

Simple, it is "Soon to be bowl shaped wood!" :D

Lucky Dog! :)

David Fried
05-18-2006, 3:09 AM
When I was cutting blanks I ended up with a small piece of Ash that I thought was just the right size for a Jet Mini. Hmmm...who do I know with a mini?:D The tree was cut down two weeks ago so this should be pretty wet wood.

Then there was this piece of Black walnut. It was half a small log but had some checks that concerned me. I figured they would probably disappear during turning but I threw it on the bandsaw anyway. Ended up smaller than the Ash but I think it's check free now. The Black Walnut log has been laying around my backyard for years so I expect it isn't too wet.

Enjoy!

Steve Ash
05-18-2006, 6:50 AM
a small piece of Ash

Mr. Fitzgerald, I'm surprised you don't recognize a piece of Ash when you see one.:)

Real nice of you David to think of Ken and send him some. Make sure to show us what you did with it Ken.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-18-2006, 8:29 AM
My sincere Thanks David! I'll see what I can do with those...........I'm telling Creekers are the most generous folks!

Corey Hallagan
05-18-2006, 8:56 AM
Way to go Ken and David!!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
05-18-2006, 9:58 AM
Way to go you two. Congrats.

David Fried
05-18-2006, 2:06 PM
You're lucky I didn't send some of this Red Maple I'm trying to salvage.
I rough turned one piece and the worm tracks are amazing!