PDA

View Full Version : UPS strikes again

David Mueller
05-18-2006, 12:39 AM
The lee valley cast iron legs arrived today and looks like they walked themselves home. I've written an e-mail to customer service and we'll see what they say to do now. At least the Tucker and twin screw vises came in perfect condition. Man is that Tucker heavy!

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-18-2006, 12:41 AM
Not to stick up for UPS here, but you would think that LEE Valley would pack them better!

Bruce

Randy Meijer
05-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Not to stick up for UPS here, but you would think that LEE Valley would pack them better!

Bruce

I had the very same thought!!

chester stidham
05-18-2006, 2:50 AM
UPS did the same thing to my last package one was ok the next hafe of the box was missing and part of the clamp the foot on the end of it it's a 50" bessie cabnet master clamp found them at the front door after lunch need to call Amizon for a repalcment this is the first time for UPS doing this they do leve stuff at the front door for me wich is ok but they had to tape the clamp in the box so it wouldn't fall out the other end of the box was also missing.:mad:

Ian Barley
05-18-2006, 7:16 AM
I agree with Bruce and Randy - looks like the shipper didn't give them much chance with the quality of the packaging. Its difficult because it is an "extra" cost but the packages look pretty inadequate

Jeffrey Makiel
05-18-2006, 1:40 PM
It's possible that the package was drop shipped and the retailer never laid hand on it. But that's no excuse.
-Jeff

Bruce Page
05-18-2006, 2:45 PM
I can't tell from the pictures, are they broken or just scratched up? If they're just scratched, it might be eaiser just to grab a can of spray paint.
I agree, something that heavy should be packaged better than that.

glenn bradley
05-18-2006, 3:00 PM
This one is all on the packers. The cost of proper packaging has to be better than the cost of processing returns doesn't it? I'm sure someone gets paid bigbucks to figure out what to gamble on. Sorry for your trouble.

David Mueller
05-18-2006, 7:12 PM
Well, at the moment their sitting on the front porch for UPS to pickup for return. Lee Valley customer service made all the arrangments and is sending out another set of legs. Let's hope these make it but I agree, the packaging was very poor. At 60# per leg I'd expect double boxed and lots of foam.

Corey Hallagan
05-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Yikes, I agree, that looks like a half __ed packing job. Hope it all works out!

Corey

Dick Strauss
05-20-2006, 1:11 AM
It looks like they chained the pkg to the bumper of the UPS truck and dragged them all the way to your door!!!!

Jeffrey Schronce
05-20-2006, 1:19 AM
UPS did the same thing to my last package one was ok the next hafe of the box was missing and part of the clamp the foot on the end of it it's a 50" bessie cabnet master clamp found them at the front door after lunch need to call Amizon for a repalcment this is the first time for UPS doing this they do leve stuff at the front door for me wich is ok but they had to tape the clamp in the box so it wouldn't fall out the other end of the box was also missing.:mad:

I purchased a bunch of 50s from Amazon over the last couple weeks. Some arrive in triangular hand made boxes. Some however, have come in a huge box. Of course 10" of the clamp was sticking out of the bottom of the box. This was the way it was shipped from Amazon. Luckly I am about 10 miles from the Amazon warehouse and it arrived ok. There is no way it could have made it across the country.