PDA

View Full Version : Gloat and Going away Gift

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Went to Peoria Area Woodworkers meeting tonight. They were raffling off a $100.00 gift certificate. They didn't do too well on the last one, so I thought I'd donate $5.00 to the cause.

I'll bet you know where this is going. After the president pulled the winning ticket, I yelled, "Spence, that better be mine!" When they read the numbers....................Yup it was one of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Here's what I got: Three Crown Turning tools and two Cocobola Turning blanks. A 1/4" Scraper, a 90 degree scraper and a Bowl Skew.:D :D

Yeh, I know, I'm SHAMELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ain't it fun!!!!!!:p :p :p

Bruce;)

Ken Fitzgerald
05-18-2006, 1:17 AM
Excellent gloat Bruce!

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-18-2006, 2:20 AM
Not bad for $5 eh? :D

So I bet you are glad you are leaving now, this way you will give all the other guys some time to cool off! :D

Have a good trip, Oh yeah, you could send me those tools for safe keeping while you are gone..... :rolleyes:

Barry Stratton
05-18-2006, 2:46 AM
Thats great. And remember, if you ship them to Stu, it is cheaper to route them thru Anchorage..........

Glenn Hodges
05-18-2006, 6:20 AM
You lucky thing, congratulations.

Christopher K. Hartley
05-18-2006, 8:16 AM
Great Gloat Bruce! I'm having fun just listening to the story. Cool!

Corey Hallagan
05-18-2006, 8:57 AM
Awesome and congrats Bruce!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
05-18-2006, 9:55 AM
Bruce that would be a pretty good investment in my books.

Spence DePauw
05-18-2006, 9:56 AM
Bruce, that is shameless, as well as disgusting (I wanted to win that one too!). Nice picks, speaking as a flatlander who knows almost nothing about spinney things.

Spence

Jim Becker
05-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Shamless. So much so, that I'll just have to be on the other coast when you come to visit... :( ;) (sorry...duty calls...)

(And congratulations on the win!)

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-18-2006, 5:47 PM
Yeh.............Sure, Jim.......................Just can't stand the competition, can ya?:p :p :p

Have a safe trip. I did forget to mention that we're going to stay in Philly a couple of days when we get back, before heading home. they are 6/8, 6/9 and possibly 6/10.

What can I say, Spence.............. What was meant to be WAS! :D :D

Stu.......... The only problem with your idea is that you will be too old to do anything with them, when they get there. I Will try the Gouge/Skew out on the wood you sent. That way you can see how well they work on that beautiful wood.

Now to add insult to injury, today was a "play" day at the bowling league. 9 pin NO TAP (for those who don't bowl, if you knock down 9 pins on your first ball, it's considered a strike) Shot 265 last game ........... all but one strike were "10 in the pit". Go Figure!

Bruce

Jim Becker
05-18-2006, 9:28 PM
Have a safe trip. I did forget to mention that we're going to stay in Philly a couple of days when we get back, before heading home. they are 6/8, 6/9 and possibly 6/10.
I know I have a briefing to do on the 8th, but there is a possibility we could hook up on one of the other two days. PM me for contact info. In the mean time, if everything goes as planned I may get to annoy Mr. Singer sometime next week... :D

Ernie Nyvall
05-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Congrats Bruce.

You and yours have a great trip.

Ernie