PDA

View Full Version : A M12v problem

Dan McLaughlin
09-03-2003, 4:49 PM
I have a M12v (about 6 months old) that is currently waiting a new table for permanent relocation. Need to flush trim some 5/8" plywood so I thought I used "the big boy" rather than my Bosch 1617. Did the 8 ft length and then as I started the 4ft side, the M12v stopped. Didn't think I was being very agressive with it (a "2" on the speed control, router bit was new (although it was a Carb-Tech)). Waited about 2 minutes and turned it back on and it purred to full speed. Started flush trimming and it started to slow down. Backed it away from the plywood and it came back to full speed. Went back to trimming, did about 6 inches and it slowed down and then stopped. Waited a couple of minutes, turned it on, tried again and it did the same thing. Finished the ^&*( piece of plywood with my Bosch. The Bosch didn't have a problem at all. I didn't think the M12V had a thermal shutoff and really didn't think I was pushing that hard. Thoughts? Variable speed control problem? And my real concern - If it is doing that with a flush trim bit, what is going to happen if I pit a raised panel bit in there? Thanks

Todd Burch
09-03-2003, 5:26 PM
Sounds like a call to Hitachi might be in order.

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-03-2003, 6:36 PM
Hmmm. Much like the problems I had with two of my PC7529s...the third one never would run at all. :mad: Take it to the service center...sounds like a switch/speed control issue to me.

KC