PDA

View Full Version : Showing off my kitchen

PeterTorresani
02-22-2003, 5:09 PM
I have been meaning to post some pictures for a while now, but just haven't found the time. Now that I need to boost my post count, I'll force myself online.

A little background info. I got laid off about a year ago, and my new job forced me to move from Eau Claire, WI to Minneapolis, MN. Less than 100 miles, but once you cross the river, everything goes from a beautiful green and gold to a dingy purple color.:D .

After looking at houses, my wife and I decided to build. She's an architectural drafter, so she designed the best house that money could buy. Her clients were quite happy with it, and then she started our house.:) . I decided to build the kitchen cabinets to save some money (ya, right). It was a hectic summer, but we are happy with the results.

Details: Cherry, 3 coats of cat laquer, lots of pocket screws and biscuits, dovetails drawers, wood slides.

This picture is the NW corner. The door leads to a mudroom and the garage. See next posts for more pics

Ken Salisbury
02-22-2003, 5:18 PM
Very Nice Job Peter
<p align="center">

John Longwitz
02-22-2003, 5:25 PM
...I need a little inspiration ever so often to stick to my plan of remodeling the kitchen with cabinets I built. Nice work you can be proud of.

Don't dispair about leaving the "Kelly Green and Gold" behind as there's a few Packer fans on the west bank of the St. Croix as well. My Sis-in-Law is one. I'm from Minocqua, WI originally and hope to retire up that way some day. Kids and Grandkids in Green Bay so most likely around there.

Phil Phelps
02-22-2003, 6:48 PM
Looks great. I'm sure you liked the pre cat lacquer.

Jerry Todd
02-23-2003, 8:38 AM
If my wife views the pictures of your cabinets I am in trouble. Beautiful work.
Jerry

Ted Shrader
02-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Torre -

Your cabinets just passed the design review board here at the house. We will be re-doing our kitchen this summer. Your cabinet door design got the SWMBO seal of approval.

The drawer fronts look pretty cool. Hadn't considered that.

Very nice work.

Ted