PDA

View Full Version : My Buffet/Entertainment center (Pictures)

Christopher Pine
05-17-2006, 4:02 PM
I started this back in january as my project for my recent furniture making class. Designed by myself and I am making some progress.. I was meaning to put this on the creek long before this.. As you can see the ends are paneled and the frame has come along. I have not hinged the doors as of yet they are just proped up for the pictures at this time.. here are the photo's I will try and get a scan of my drawings to show what it is suppose to resemble when done.
Of course you can see it is made from hard maple. Drawers are on full extension slides..
More photo's and progress to come.

Chris

Christopher Pine
05-17-2006, 4:03 PM
some more pictures. The third photo over shows the drawer fronts simply placed in the space they are not adjusted or fastened yet. The last phot shows one of the middle drawer frames sitting there. These will have glass in them.

Bill Arnold
05-17-2006, 4:10 PM
Looking good so far, Chris! Hang in there -- you'll get 'er done!

John Timberlake
05-17-2006, 4:38 PM
Good progress. Hope to see the completed project soon.

Shelley Bolster
05-17-2006, 4:48 PM
Hey - I like the design and incorporating drawers is a bonus! Nothing is better than drawers for storage and gaining usable space. I am also looking forward to both the completed pics and the scanned drawing.

Steve Clardy
05-17-2006, 5:03 PM
Lookin good Chris!

Helen Gee
05-17-2006, 5:06 PM
Chris, that looks great!! Thank you for sharing the pictures while you are working on it!! I'm gonna be starting a similar project hopefully soon so it'll definitely help a newbie like me :)

don't forget to post the finished pictures ;)

Jerry Olexa
05-17-2006, 6:13 PM
Looking great...Anxious to see it finished...

Corey Hallagan
05-17-2006, 7:45 PM
Looking good! Excellent job!

Corey

Larry Crim
05-17-2006, 8:47 PM
looking good I really like the design with the extra drawer in the middle instead of just the standard 3 cabinet design across, kind of breaks it up nice. good idea.
Larry

Christopher Pine
05-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Here are my basic drawings... They are not much actually.. The project really has come a long way since this "final Drawing" Usually I make much more detailed planning and drawings.. I did a lot of "on the go" this time.. worked out so far... AS you can see the drawer arrangement changed since this drawing.. The drawers would have been largely useless as small as they would have had to be. So changed to 4 across the top.. What type of hinges do you all recomend? Doors are of course inset between the partitions accordingly.
The door frames are 1.5 inches to match the leg width..
What do you all think about hardware? Maple knobs or metal pulls/knobs?

Thanks for your kind comments! Will post more as it goes.

Chris

Jim Becker
05-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Chris, I really like the design...and am looking forward to the final result!