PDA

View Full Version : Many Thanks and Dirty Turning Phase 4 Send List

Christopher K. Hartley
05-17-2006, 7:05 AM
I want to thank all of you for the privilege of being asked to facilitate this event. I count it an honor. I apologize for the rough beginning, I’m learning about impatience within myself. I do hope everyone has had some fun and now we can begin to let the creative juices “spin”. I also wish to thank all of the non participants for indulging us during this event drawing. We appreciate all of you. Christopher

Now, to the send list. I believe this is correct. If you find an error please report it in this thread quickly so the changes can be made and we will get on with the FUN.

Jim Dunn to Mark Patoka

Tom Jones Stuart Ablett

Holly Jones to Andy Holt

Mark Patoka to Ernie Nyvall

Stephen Ash to Kurt Rosenzweig

Lee DeRaud to Greg Crawford

Don Orr to Stephen Ash

Christopher K Hartley To Don Orr

Curt and Holly Fuller to Jim Dunn

Kurt Rosenzweig to Tom Jones

Erin Raasch to Curt & Holly Fuller

John Hart to Erin Raasch

Joe Melton To Lee DeRaud

Stuart Ablett to Holly Jones

Mike Ramsey to Pete Jordan

Greg Crawford to Joe Melton

Andy Holt David Fried

Ernie Nyvall to Chris Hartley

Pete Jordan to Mike Ramsey

Jeff Horton to John Hart

David Fried to Jeff Horton

Use the PM feature of this forum to obtain your partners contact data for shipping purposes. For everyones security treat the information as sensitive. Thank you.

John Hart
05-17-2006, 7:08 AM
Thanks for being Santa Chris! It'll be a real treat to see all the finished pieces.....IF they survive!!!:eek: :D

Steve Ash
05-17-2006, 7:17 AM
Okay, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed :confused: ...but I am guessing that the draw system has been overridden and we should now contact the person we are sending the blank to for a address and get these sent out?

EDIT*** I guess I should clarify...instead of the catalpa I stole, I forget about that and send my box elder blank .

Christopher K. Hartley
05-17-2006, 7:26 AM
Okay, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed :confused: ...but I am guessing that the draw system has been overridden and we should now contact the person we are sending the blank to for a address and get these sent out?

What do you mean overridden? The list is from the draw system unless I made an error. Help me out here I don't understand your question.

Steve, the list will reflect your name twice once for a send and once for a receive. Does this help?

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-17-2006, 7:33 AM
Just to be double dog clear here.

Stuart Ablett to Holly Jones

This means that I, send my blank to Holly Jones?

Tom Jones to Stuart Ablett

This means that Tom sends me his blank, right?

Hey, that worked out well, I send mine to them and they send theirs to me.

Cheers!

Steve Ash
05-17-2006, 7:34 AM
I'm getting it now Chris....just glad the man in charge knew what he was doing.

Thanks for running this operation too. :cool:

Christopher K. Hartley
05-17-2006, 7:37 AM
Just to be double dog clear here. Stuart Ablett to Holly Jones Means that I, send my blank to Holly Jones? Tom Jones Stuart Ablett and that Tom sends me his blank, right? Hey, that worked out well, I send mine to them and they send theirs to me. Cheers! You are close enough! Yes

05-17-2006, 8:56 AM
You are close enough! Yes

Close enough? :confused:

If I'm sending this from Japan, I'd really like to be right on the money ;) :D

Tom Jones III
05-17-2006, 9:07 AM

It is close enough if LOML can be trusted to hand over the wood to me ... you are supposed to send the blank to me and not to LOML, as we share the same address it should be close enough. I don't let just anyone send wood to my wife!

Tom Jones III
05-17-2006, 9:10 AM
Thank you for your service Mr. Hartley. It was a complicated project and this medium did not make it any easier. You did a fine job.

05-17-2006, 9:14 AM
Thank you for your service Mr. Hartley. It was a complicated project and this medium did not make it any easier. You did a fine job.

I'll second that Tom!

hey, I'm just following the list, it says Stuart Ablett to Holly Jones, don't say nothing about you Dude! ;) :D

Check you PM's Tom!

Cheers!

Don Orr
05-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks Chris for all your hard work on this project-great job keeping it straight. It was a lot of fun and now more fun-turning wood:D .

John Hart
05-17-2006, 1:11 PM
Hey guys and gal...try this....Stu sends package to Texas....Y'all take the wood out....put yours in...then stamp it "RETURN TO SENDER".

Of course...that would be illegal and I would never suggest that you do anything illegal.

...maybe stamp it - "don't RETURN TO SENDER" and see what happens!

Rich Stewart
05-17-2006, 1:14 PM
I'm laughing my butt off. too funny.

Christopher K. Hartley
05-17-2006, 2:21 PM

Stu you are ok YOU are 100%

Ernie Nyvall
05-17-2006, 8:04 PM
Chris, Thanks for this swap thing. I really enjoyed it. I stay pretty mixed up, so I was right in line with it from the beginning.

Ernie

Jim Dunn
05-17-2006, 8:20 PM
Chris thanks for running this show. Had a good time. Hope everyone enjoys their wood.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-18-2006, 1:27 AM
Chris......even though I wasn't involved ....I followed it.....it was entertaining! Great job!

Mark Patoka
05-18-2006, 7:43 AM
Chris,
Thanks for thinking of this and running it. Not easy running something like this relying on people to always be logged on checking the message board. Good job and I think many of us will be looking forward to it again.

05-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Failure to launch..........

I have a problem, the blank that I selected for Tom, well it has cracked to all get out..........

As you can see, this sucker moved a LOT :eek:

I do not know, but the crack looks like it goes all the way through!:(

Thus, I've selelcted a nice piece of Red Keyaki fromm my stash, this was cut and then waxed a good month ago, or more, and it has not moved at all, so I think it will ship fine.

I hope that this will be fine Tom....(?)

(sorry out of focus)

Cheers!

John Hart
05-22-2006, 6:49 AM
Erin's hunk-o-ash goes out fedex this morning. She'll prolly have it on Wednesday. :)