PDA

View Full Version : 1/8" Lexan....

Michael Stafford
05-16-2006, 5:27 PM
I am looking for a source of 1/8" Lexan for a project I am working on. I don't need acres of it but a half dozen or so 12" x 12" squares would be great. Any ideas?

Jim Becker
05-16-2006, 6:05 PM
My Home Depot has it...as does the local plastic supplier I sometimes go to.

Tony Falotico
05-16-2006, 7:17 PM
Check e-bay, there's a guy who sells cutoff's pretty cheap and he doesn't gouge on shipping. I've purchased a few small lots from him and been very satisfied.

PM me if you want more info.........

Jim: Is it OK to give e-bay names ?? I know links are against TOS.

Tony

Bruce Page
05-16-2006, 7:35 PM
Michael, check and see if there’s a plastic supplier in you area. The one here in town sells his remnants for $2.00 a pound. I’ve always found what I was looking for and I have gotten some great deals there. Waaaay cheaper and better material than what I can find at the borg.

Frank Chaffee
05-16-2006, 7:52 PM
Mike,
I would first check local yellow pages for plastics suppliers, and if that did not pan out, say because they wouldn’t ship and the drive was too long to pick up, then there is always McMaster Carr. The prices may be a little higher and the size choices limited, but they usually ship the same day.

Learning of other suppliers would be welcome too.

Frank

Jim Becker
05-16-2006, 7:53 PM
Jim: Is it OK to give e-bay names ?? I know links are against TOS.

No direct links to anything EBay (or other forums), but specific auction numbers or sellers names, etc., is no problem.

Michael Stafford
05-16-2006, 8:00 PM
Thank you gentlemen. I will explore the plastics suppliers in the Yellow Pages in the morning. I have to go to the "big city" next week and maybe I can find what I am looking for. I appreciate the help.

john whittaker
05-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Check out usplastics.com. They sell all types, sizes and thicknesses of sheets and rods and a lot more. I've used them and had good service.