PDA

View Full Version : santa turner

Brad Hart
05-16-2006, 3:46 PM
Well back from a hard day chaufering the post knee surgery wife around only to find some (deleted explative) (deleted explative) moron felt my yard was once again would be a good place to drop tree trimmings. As if I don't have enough problems keeping it cleaned up with a 7 year old and all the neighborhood kids tossing crap in it. While no large burls this time after the cleanup I managed to find this

Mike Ramsey
05-16-2006, 3:55 PM
The nerve of some people! ;)

Andy Hoyt
05-16-2006, 5:48 PM
Let us know if you'd like some advice on how to process it.

Brad Hart
05-16-2006, 7:00 PM
Let us know if you'd like some advice on how to process it.

Like who I should give it too :) I will probably put it in one of these piles

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-16-2006, 7:56 PM
The only thing I have is that if you don't get something on the ends, soon, all you will have there is firewood. Looks like there is some checking getting started.

Bruce

Christopher K. Hartley
05-16-2006, 8:05 PM
Well back from a hard day chaufering the post knee surgery wife around only to find some (deleted explative) (deleted explative) moron felt my yard was once again would be a good place to drop tree trimmings. As if I don't have enough problems keeping it cleaned up with a 7 year old and all the neighborhood kids tossing crap in it. While no large burls this time after the cleanup I managed to find this

Tell that moron to come bother me...please!:D

Scott Fernald
05-16-2006, 8:13 PM
Hmmmm....some interesting long shavings laying around there....and is that one of those Husqvarna wrenches on that one log???

I think that must be the home of a dangerous, bowl blanking, wood hoarding Abysserite!

I wonder how I recognize the signs...

:)

Brad Hart
05-16-2006, 8:16 PM
The only thing I have is that if you don't get something on the ends, soon, all you will have there is firewood. Looks like there is some checking getting started.

Bruce

I actually don't care about checking, if I ever run out of rough turned bowls which gets done as soon as I get a load I will go slab an end off one of the long pieces. I already gave away the lot of beech that was dropped in my yard a week or so ago. I get this much wood and more on a regular basis from local tree trimmers who pretty much beg me to take it so they don't have to pay for disposal or storage. If I tried to seal everything I get I would go broke just buying sealer.

BTW Anyone in the Dayton area want to help saw up a small stand of sycamore this summer?

Brad Hart
05-16-2006, 8:17 PM
....and is that one of those Husqvarna wrenches on that one log???

:)

It is not.............................. It is a stihl:)

BTW for those that are wondering this new pile is slippery elm.

Scott Fernald
05-16-2006, 9:05 PM
It is not.............................. It is a stihl:)

BTW for those that are wondering this new pile is slippery elm.

Well, one of those wood eating, orange colored saws! :D

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-17-2006, 12:35 AM
Nuff said Brad. If this was thirty-five years ago, I'd be your neighbor and help you. Lived in Kettering then, but moved away.

I'm sure you'll be able to get some help.

Bruce

Chris Barton
05-17-2006, 7:01 AM
Great looking haul there Brad! But, I would get those piles away from actually touching my house or siding. Termites will be swarming soon and those piles would be considered "prime real estate" for them.

John Hart
05-17-2006, 7:04 AM
Great haul Brad!!!!:)

Brad Hart
05-17-2006, 7:26 AM
Great looking haul there Brad! But, I would get those piles away from actually touching my house or siding. Termites will be swarming soon and those piles would be considered "prime real estate" for them.

I keep meaning to do that but then again I keep meaning to burn the shed down and extend it another 15 feet and put a concrete slab under all of it instead of wooden pillars on gravel too... Oh well that pile is going bye bye soon, my new outdoor shop extension, I mean deck is going right where that pile is.