PDA

View Full Version : golf tees

Phyllis Rhodes
05-16-2006, 3:32 PM
:confused: Why am I only finding odd shaped things to engrave??

Anyone here engrave golf tees? If so, how do you hold them in place?

Is this another job for modeling clay?

Thanks!
Phyllis

Joe Pelonio
05-16-2006, 3:50 PM
Better you than me. I did ONE for a guy and didn't make a template but I did think about it.

With golf tees you have to be careful that your autofocus plunger doesn't
hit the top. Do you have a lot to do? Cut a template from 1/4" wood, one long rectangle that the shaft fits in, and evenly spaced ovals that the tops will set into. Then set up your text in the right place and do several at once, using manual focus. You might have to remove your autofocus if
it sticks out far enough to hit, or do one at a time with the top of the tee to the right and the lettering rotated 180 degrees.

Phyllis Rhodes
05-16-2006, 4:04 PM
ok, that makes sense. i'll have to get with my partners and see what we can come up with.

thanks!
p

Pete Simmons
05-16-2006, 4:08 PM
I do a lot of them.

Made a jig out of 0.25 ply. Put 6 across and 12 down in a 12x18 area.

I live in a golf community and people love the tees, divot tools, ballmarkers and boxes I make.

If you want it PM me and I will email you the Corel file for this.

Joe Pelonio
05-16-2006, 4:30 PM
I do a lot of them.

Made a jig out of 0.25 ply. Put 6 across and 12 down in a 12x18 area.

I live in a golf community and people love the tees, divot tools, ballmarkers and boxes I make.

If you want it PM me and I will email you the Corel file for this.
Nice to have built-in customers! Have you tried engraving a ball?

Pete Simmons
05-16-2006, 4:33 PM
No, I never tried to engrave a golf ball. Looks like to much of a curve plus I would expect it to melt, then need color fill. I do not like color fill.

mike klein
05-16-2006, 5:47 PM
Pete,

I never use to like color filling either unitl I read an article on here not to long ago about sealing the engraving with Krylon clear, THEN paint. Color filling is a joy now..

Mike

Laura Zaruba
05-18-2006, 8:40 PM
I've tried tees and a ball - here is a photo of a shadowbox my husband designed with my help:

http://www.etchedintimeengraving.com/golfshadowbox.gif

We color filled the ball and tee so it would show up.

Frank Corker
05-19-2006, 5:22 AM
I too tried a golf ball - I don't recommend it, not worth the trouble and very poor result