PDA

View Full Version : Oh to be a kid again!

Wes Bischel
05-16-2006, 3:03 PM
Today Fedex dropped off a couple BIG boxes at our door. My 4yo kept asking "What's in the boxes?" Naturally I couldn't tell since the contents of one box is for him - a present on "Homecoming Day" (Adoption Day to some) That is if I can keep my hands off it!:D This is a really neato truck - as a kid I would be moving moutains with it.:rolleyes:

I thought this was just the modern version of the big Tonka Mighty Truck I had as a kid - WRONG! These things are HUGE!! (note the quarter in the picture for scale) I figure Sam can sit in the thing it's so big!
It was on sale at Amazon for $5.29 - great price for the "old" Mighty Dump Truck - so I thought. I checked - these big ones go for $27! (without the flames and chrome blower too) Thankfully I bought two - one for Sam and the other for Toys-for-Tots - some little kid is going to get one BIG truck for Christmas!!:D :D

I can't wait to see his eyes bug out when he opens it!:eek:
OK, back to work!
Wes

Scott Donley
05-16-2006, 3:22 PM
Yep, two REALLY happy kids shortly, great job ! ( Do you think Steve Ash has a new side job ;) )

Jim Becker
05-16-2006, 6:05 PM
Ah, you mean "Gotcha day"!! Very nice gift and I'm sure that Sam (and Dad) will have a ball with it.

Wes Bischel
05-17-2006, 11:51 AM
"Gotcha day"!! Yep - another name for it! Only now I have to wait until June to play with it - er - so Sam can play with it!!:D :D

Wes