PDA

View Full Version : Time Warp. Where did they stash this Oliver bandsaw. Its vintage but was never used

Dev Emch
05-16-2006, 12:09 PM
O.K. Kiddies. Look what poped up on the worlds largest online flee market. As you know, we are not allowed to mention who it is but we all know who it is. Boy, now I am sounding like Donald Rumsfeld.

Do a search for Oliver Bandsaw and check out the 217 currently listed.

Where the heck did they hide this gem? This is one of the most pristine and factory original machines I have ever come accross. It is virtually in the same shape it was in when it left the mother ship in Grand Rapids, MI.

Enjoy and please limit the druelling.:D:D I wish my stuff looked this nice.

Ben Roman
05-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Cannot find it anywhere

Jim Young
05-16-2006, 12:26 PM
I can't see it from all the excitement.:)

Ed Labadie
05-16-2006, 12:32 PM
I think he ment this one.

Item number 7767090521

It's a sweetheart for sure. It's so heavy they will even sell you the trailer it sits on. :rolleyes:

Ed

Larry Cooke
05-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Cannot find it anywhereBen,

Try using "Oliver Band Saw" (without the quotes of course.)

Thanks Dev, now I'm going back to my world...Ah, to have a band saw like that.

Larry

Bob Noles
05-16-2006, 1:51 PM
Dev,

If only my shop were a little bigger :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

Steve Clardy
05-16-2006, 2:16 PM
Its been used. Current owner says He has not used it.
Sure wish it was closer. I'd buy it!!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--var currentIndex = 0;var currentIsSuper = false;var superSizeURL = 'http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7767090521&indexURL=' + currentIndex + '&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting';var superSizeGotoURL = 'http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7767090521&indexURL=' + currentIndex + '#ebayphotohosting';//--></SCRIPT><!-- Begin Description -->WELCOME TO ANOTHER AUCTION FROM P.J'S REPAIR YOUR ONE STOP MOWER SHOP IN NORTHEAST PA. ALWAYS OFFERING GREAT LOW PRICES ON NEW AND USED PARTS FOR MOWERS AND SMALL ENGINES, TOOLS AND MORE. ALL USED PARTS AND ASSEMBLIES ARE ALWAYS TESTED BEFORE OFFERED FOR RESALE, AND WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE MOST ACCURATE DESCRIPTION POSSIBLE.
YOU ARE LOOKING AT A HUGE BANDSAW. THE NAME IS "TANNEWITZ WORKS", FROM GRAND RAPIDS MICHIGAN. THE PATENT DATES RANGE FROM 1926-1933. THIS IS LABLED 5 H.P. THREE PHASE, BUT IS ALSO LABLED 220 VOLTS. THERE ARE NEW ELECTRIC CONTROLLERS ON THE SIDE. ONE BLADE IS INCLUDED.
THE MACHINE STANDS OVER 8 FEET TALL, IT IS 5 1/2" DEEP, AND 3 FOOT WIDE. THE THROAT ACCEPTS 36" OF MATERIAL, AND IT HAS A MATERIAL WORKING HEIGHT OF 22".
THE MACHINE APPEARS TO BE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, AND WELL CARED FOR. I HAVE NEVER USED IT AND I HAVE NO IDEA OF IT'S PERFORMANCE, AND NO WAY TO TEST IT. THIS HAS TO WIEGH CLOSE TO 5000 LBS. WE WILL TRY TO HELP TO TRANSFER FROM OUR TRAILER TO YOUR TRAILER, BUT BRING HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!, OR A ROLL BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. THE TRAILER IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE AUCTION, BUT CAN BE PURCHASE FOR AN EXTRA $1000.00.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Brad Knabel
05-16-2006, 2:48 PM
Looks like you can get a pretty complete shop from this seller. Click on "View Seller's other items" to see a drop-dead gorgeous Oliver 270 TS and planer as well as a Northfield 12" jointer to go with your new band saw. The jointer has got an array of guards to go with it. Everything looks to be in great shape...

Ed Labadie
05-16-2006, 2:58 PM
Here's the Oliver, item# 7620052928
The Tanny I found is still one heck of a deal.

Ed

Steve Clardy
05-16-2006, 3:00 PM
Oops. I found the tanny also.

Oliver is sweet too!!!
Quite a price difference between the two though.

Seth Poorman
05-16-2006, 3:21 PM
Dev
I love the Bandsaw , but I would have to go to the bank for a loan.:(

Chris Padilla
05-16-2006, 6:13 PM
Nice serious throat but what is the depth of cut...didn't see that on there. Hmm, it's in SoCal, too.

Oh, wait, I see some chipped paint! Naw, forget it.... :p