PDA

View Full Version : Another good buy maybe?

John Gregory
05-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Cross cut sled. (http://www.woodhaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=1112)

Another local ad, selling for $100. It has been on the classified site since Jan 3, 2006, I could offer a little less I guess.
I made a sled a few years go, last time I used it I notice the fence was not true any longer. It had a bow in it. This woodhaven sled is a bit heavy at 52 pounds. I like using crosscut sleds.

Does anyone own a sled like this? How do you like it? Good deal at $100?
Like some of you, I have bought things that look wonderful but then when I got them home I did not use them much. I use a sled a lot, I would not pay $265 for this, I would build a new one, but for a $100 or less, it would save me time building one.

Thanks

Joe Unni
05-16-2006, 10:40 AM
John,

I own it.
I love it.
And it's worth it - even at $265.

It's made my panel work that much more accurate with fantastic repeatability. I use it all the time.

It does get a little tedious pulling the monster on and off the table, but I've since learned to plan/think through all the processes in a project and then move the table once for crosscutting.

I'm curious as to why the seller is getting rid of it so cheaply.

Good luck,
-joe

John Gregory
05-16-2006, 11:08 AM
In the ad, the owner said he only used it twice. The ad has been posted since Jan3. I replied to his email, telling him I was very interested and asked why he is selling it. I have not gotten a reply yet.

Besides my crosscut sled, I use a panel sled from New Yankee Workshop jigs program. It works well buy only has one runner. I use it when the piece is too large for my cross cut sled. This Woodhaven sled seems large enough to handle most of my panel needs too.

Thanks for your input Joe

John Gregory
05-16-2006, 5:57 PM
John,

I own it.
I love it.

It's made my panel work that much more accurate with fantastic repeatability. I use it all the time.

It does get a little tedious pulling the monster on and off the table, but I've since learned to plan/think through all the processes in a project and then move the table once for crosscutting.

Good luck,
-joe

This is why he is selling the sled, He got one of these (http://tool-corral.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page116.html)

John Gregory
05-19-2006, 12:45 PM
John,

I own it.
I love it.

Good luck,
-joe

Joe,
I bought it last night. It is like brand new. The hold down was still in the plastic bag. I didn't even try to talk him down in price. I thought the $100 asking price was fair. It is just like new.The sucker is large and heavy at 52 pounds tho. Thanks for your feedback. Your input helped with my decision to buy it.
John

Per Swenson
05-19-2006, 1:38 PM
Great buy John!

Congrats.

per