PDA

View Full Version : Replacement battery thoughts

Ned Bulken
05-16-2006, 9:09 AM
I have an approximately 5 yr old B&D 12v drill with the bayonet style battery. The drill itself is 'low hours' but the batteries aren't holding up well which isn't surprising given their age. This drill has pretty much been 'taken over' by the LOML for small household chores. I have an 18v B&D which I'm very happy with for shop duty.
Given that I have two 'iffy' batteries for the old 12v, I'm thinking of buying just one 'good' battery to keep it in service awhile longer. It works fine gears etc wise, so there's no reason to replace the 'chassis' yet, just the batteries. Luckily there is a B&D outlet store not too far from home, which I can look for cheaper batteries.

Charles McKinley
05-16-2006, 9:43 AM
Hi Ned,

Check one of the battery rebuilding threads and find Jason's address. I think you would be happier with the higher quality rebuild than the B&D batteries unless you can get them for much less than the rebuild.

Steve Clardy
05-16-2006, 9:55 AM
Yes. Jason Abel

http://www.batteryrebuilders.com/

Jason Abel
05-16-2006, 9:41 PM
Hey Ned you can even call me if you like. My phone number is listed on the link that Steve posted. I can make your batteries much better than new. I have done so for many people here on this forum as well as thousands of other customers locally and nationally. Quality and satisfaction are guaranteed. :)

Ned Bulken
05-17-2006, 6:28 AM
Jason,
will be in touch, thanks! got a little busy last evening and 0-dark hundred came way too early this am.