PDA

View Full Version : JessEm Mite-R-Slide

John Gregory
05-15-2006, 2:33 PM
Does anyone own and use one of these? (http://eagleamerica.com/product.asp?pn=415-6525) I have found a local person wanting to sell one for $100, brand new, never used. Can it mount on any fence?

Thanks
John

Mark Hollingsworth
05-15-2006, 3:06 PM
John, I bought one last year to go on my Jessem Mast-R-Fence. Think I paid around $240. $100 is a steal. I love mine. It's a stout piece of equip. and there's no play at all. It mounts to the back of the fence in t-slots.If you go to www.jessem.com (http://www.jessem.com) you can get a look at it. With some effort it could probably be made to work on an existing fence provided the fence is fairly stout. Personally I prefer having the Jessem fence since its a perfect match. If you think you want it, I'd jump on that deal for $100.

Dave Mapes
05-15-2006, 10:21 PM
John

I have one mounted to a jessem fence and a $100 is a great deal. I love mine and would recommend it to anybody. That being said I believe it can only be mounted on a jessem fence as it needs two t-slots one above the other on the back of the fence.

Ken Garlock
05-16-2006, 11:28 AM
I have been using my Incra table for some 3 years, or there abouts, and I have yet to need anything other than a 90 degree angle jig.

Dovetails need 90 deg. A 90 deg. jig came with the router table.
Stiles need just a fence.
rails need just a fence.
Roundover needs a fence.
rabbeting need just a fence.
locking miters need just a fence.

I admit that I don't do lots of fancy things, but it seems to me that a miter sled on a router table is a solution waiting for a problem.

I like Jessem products, they are my number two choice behind Incra.:)

I opinions are worth what you paid.;)

John Gregory
05-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I decided that I did not "need" this. Another creeker sent me an email asking for the contact information of the seller if I chose not to buy it, so I sent the information to him. I am now looking at a Woodhaven cross cut sled for a hunderd bucks. Sold new for $265. I need to feed this addiction somehow :D