PDA

View Full Version : Have I mentioned that I love Grizzly ! New Workbench Awesome

Ben Roman
05-15-2006, 12:59 PM
38541I bought the H7721 78" Maple Workbench from grizzly. It went together in a little less than 1 hour and it is awesome. For a stout heavy affordable workbench with drawers this is the one. The only trouble I had with it was that one of the cams snapped off while assembling a drawer. Nothing that a little gorilla glue could not fix. The drawer bottoms are felted to provide additional tool security. I have all my tools grizzly except saw which I hope to upgrade to this year to a 1023SLX and or maybe a Lathe and that will be it. But I love the delivery and ease of setup. :D :D :D

No I am not related to Grizzly But my Nickname is Gentle Ben

Alan Tolchinsky
05-15-2006, 2:41 PM
I'm sure you'll get a lot of good use out of that baby. It looks great! Congrats.

Ben Roman
05-15-2006, 5:55 PM
Thanks I am ready to get it messy !!

Gary Keedwell
05-15-2006, 6:07 PM
Gentle,

How much did you pay and what kind of wood is it made of? Not nosey...just curious. lol

Geoff Barry
05-15-2006, 6:09 PM
Looks like a decent bench - how thick is the top (not the edge :) )? And is there just one vise, or is it set up for mounting another screw vise along the long edge?

Ben Roman
05-16-2006, 11:18 AM
I paid 495 plus shipping.. The top has one vise on the end of it.. It is the wood type vise and there is plenty of room on it to add additional vises. The top measures 2 3/4 inches thick

Larry Browning
05-16-2006, 2:23 PM
I paid 495 plus shipping.. The top has one vise on the end of it.. It is the wood type vise and there is plenty of room on it to add additional vises. The top measures 2 3/4 inches thick
Ben,
I think that Geoff was asking if the table has an edge that is thicker than the rest of the table. If you look at the Grizzly site there are 2 benches listed. One says 4 1/2 inch table top thickness and the one you have says 2 3/4 inch edge thickness. This leads me to believe that only the edge is 2 3/4 and the the rest of the table is something less than that. Is your entire top 2 3/4 thick or does it have an edge banding that is 2 3/4 ? If this is the case how thick is the top without the banding?

Doug McLauchlan
05-16-2006, 2:54 PM
Another picture from the Grizzly site clearly shows that the top is edge banded and based on how the vise is mounted, I'd guess at not much more than 1" for the actual slab - unless they routed out a recess in the slab for the vise !

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H7721/images/2

Ben Roman
05-16-2006, 5:01 PM
I will check when I get home tonight ..