PDA

View Full Version : Fun Weekend

Joe Pelonio
05-15-2006, 8:13 AM
My joints are a little stiff this morning after spending much of the weekend on my hands and knees, planting the big vegetable garden for my parents. I put in 24 tomatoes, 18 cucumbers, 6 zuccini, 12 beans, then started on the seeds. I didn't count but 20' 3 rows of peas, and a bunch of spinach, collards and cabbage. The I planted 5 choke cherry trees on the slope near the road, and 6-8 marsh pines along the pond. At least that soil was soft.

We did get a chance to see the Sequim WA "Irrigation Festival". Besides antique tractor show, logging truck show and car show they had the tractor pull, lawnmower races, and a lot of lumber jack events. The best was the "Mom & Pop Bucking". They even had V-8 Chainsaws, amazing.

Steve Clardy
05-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Sounds like you had fun!!
I also got some garden time in. Ground finally dried out some so I could re-till the garden.
Planted 40 tomatoes plants, from the greenhouse, which were root bound pretty bad in their pots.
Got some other stuff put out, but was pooped out last night, so I will work on the garden some more this evening.

Jim O'Dell
05-15-2006, 2:29 PM
(snip)
We did get a chance to see the Sequim WA "Irrigation Festival". Besides antique tractor show, logging truck show and car show they had the tractor pull, lawnmower races, and a lot of lumber jack events. The best was the "Mom & Pop Bucking". They even had V-8 Chainsaws, amazing.

And I thought the V-8 motorcycles were a bit on the extravagant side of things. :eek: :eek:
Must have been a really burly guy to handle that thing.:D
I'd love to see a picture of it if you took one. Jim.

Joe Pelonio
05-15-2006, 5:21 PM
Sorry Jim, those I didn't get a picture of because they save that event for last and I had to head back to catch the ferry. According to my stepfather it takes two big guys, one on each side with steel bar
handles. The one with the 454 takes 4 people. This is one that was there Saturday but I got the picture off the internet.

Ian Abraham
05-15-2006, 6:14 PM
You can watch a video of it here

http://www.videovat.com/videos/1023/chainsaw-v8.aspx

Crazy stuff :D

Ian

Vaughn McMillan
05-15-2006, 6:22 PM
And I thought the V-8 motorcycles were a bit on the extravagant side of things. :eek: :eek:
Must have been a really burly guy to handle that thing.:D
I'd love to see a picture of it if you took one. Jim. I've got a copy of a video on one of my websites:

http://tg3k.com/tg3k/ultimatechainsaw.mpeg

Not sure if it's the same one Ian posted...my work network is blocking the site he linked to.

- Vaughn

Jim O'Dell
05-15-2006, 6:47 PM
That is SIC!!! I can't pull upt the videos here at work, I'll look a them this evening before the Mavs/Spurs game. Thanks! Jim.

Tyler Howell
05-15-2006, 7:09 PM
Wow Now that is wood chuckin!!!