PDA

View Full Version : Corian Plaque

Keith Outten
05-15-2006, 7:04 AM
I just had a couple of minutes to take this snapshot of this plaque before a trip to Richmond yesterday. A bit washed out by the flash, I hope I can get some better pics later.

Pat Kearney
05-15-2006, 7:30 AM
There was a time when I used to read this column and be in envy of everyone with a laser engraver - then I got one. Now I am looking at Keith's plaque and comparing it to the rectangular one I made and now I'm in envy for a CNC Router. I have to seek help-and if I don't willingly then my wife will definitely seek it out for me-LOL!!!!

Very nice work Keith!!!

Pat Kearney
05-15-2006, 7:32 AM
Keith
If you don't mind me asking, about how much would you charge for something like this in your area?

Thanks.

PAT

Ed Lang
05-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Hi Pat!

You gotta watch Keith!!!!

After spending a Sunday afternoon in his shop there is now a laser engraver and CNC Router in my shop.

Now I'll need to quit my day job so I'll have time to use all of this equipment.

Oh, Keith. The plaque looks great. Did you CNC the profile and then table route the final edge? Richmond.... less than an hour from my shop too.

Keith Outten
05-15-2006, 4:51 PM
Pat,

This style plaque should be worth about 90 dollars in my local area, I think much more in Richmond or Northern Virginia. Once the drawing and material are loaded these plaques take about 90 seconds to cut on my ShopBot. It used to take me an hour each to bandsaw them and sand the edges. Wait till you see some of the new designs I have recently worked up, these will have scroll work that is done with a V-Bit, then upstairs to the engraver for the detail work.

Ed,

Yes, I cut the plaque on the ShopBot then used my router table to machine the edge profile. Sorry I was so close and couldn't visit. I had a family event to attend that kept me busy...I didn't get home untill after 9pm last night as the weather was just lousy. Bad rain, wrecks and lots of traffic.

Mitchell Andrus
05-15-2006, 4:55 PM
Keith seems to be having too much fun.

More toys = more fun

Mitch

Pat Kearney
05-15-2006, 8:47 PM
90 seconds-unreal!! And to think Mother's Day was yeterday and I should have gotten my wife something a little better in anticipation of my breaking the news that I want a CNC. Oh well, there's always next year...:D I'm looking forward to seeing your new items Keith.

Tom Radachi
05-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Boy that's some invitation... What kind of envelope do you use for that?
(kidding of course)
Very nice work. I'm really enjoying this forum and learning quite a bit. Thanks everyone!
Tom