PDA

View Full Version : SMC'ers are the most unexplainable and generous folk!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-14-2006, 9:26 PM
Once again.........I've been generously given a gift by an SMCer. A few weeks ago SMCer Raymond Overman posted about some peach turning blanks he'd cut! I replied stating that I was jealous.........well......look what showed up on my doorstep Saturday while I was working at a local medical center..........2 sealed peach blanks and a small shallow bowl/dish that is an example of his fine work. I did get a short time to admire it before the LOML scooped it up to place it with a Dennis Peacock bowl in our living room.

Here's photographic proof of the event to satisfy Tyler.

Thank you Raymond! I'll think on this for a short while and try to figure out how to do the wood justice. My wife said to thank you too for the finished piece you sent! I like it and she's claimed it!:D

Once again, the generosity of the members of the Creek astounds me!:o

My photography doesn't do justice to his fine work!

Barry Stratton
05-14-2006, 9:58 PM
Great score Ken (that Raymond is a good guy!). Looks like a couple NE bowls waiting for their turn on the diving board.

The grain pattern is pretty symetrical and unusual on the outer half of that platter as well :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
05-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Well ain't that just a peach........ I mean pear....!!:D

Nice gloat Ken, Nice Guy Raymond!

Cheers!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-14-2006, 10:04 PM
I stand corrected....that is Peach .....NOT pear....oops!

Keith Burns
05-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Great gloat Ken ! Nice wood and a nice gift bowl from Raymond. What a day:)

Corey Hallagan
05-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Alright Ken! Good for you man and Raymond that was a great jesture!

Corey

John Hart
05-15-2006, 6:51 AM
This black hole is bottomless in so many ways. Great gift! Nice work Raymond!! Your texture work is really very nice!:)

Raymond Overman
05-15-2006, 8:05 AM
Ken,

I'm glad everything got to you ok and I'm looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it.

The little textured piece is a scrap of maple board from a cabinet shop that I was experimenting with texturing, black gesso, and sanding back through to the wood.

I thought the negative pattern in the black that it made was nice. Anyway, maybe your wife will let you see it on occasion. If she won't share and you need me to make you another one let me know.

Mike Ramsey
05-15-2006, 9:22 AM
Ken, congrats on the wood! Your right about SMC'ers being generous,
but I think that Turners in general are very generous! I had a discussion
Saturday with some club members about the generosity of Turners as we
were standing around a trailer packed full of free Pecan logs for our
turning group and I said that I love to share with people I like! Funny
that most of the people I like are other Turners ;) .

Bernie Weishapl
05-15-2006, 9:36 AM
Ken great gloat. Raymond very generous of you. SMC'ers and turners in generally are good people.