PDA

View Full Version : Been lurking and finally ready to post.

Greg Almeida
05-14-2006, 4:02 PM
Ive been enjoying reading all the posts.Alot of great information on here.Helped me make my decision on new tools. Just finished setting up my new G1026 shaper,G0490 jointer and ordering this week the G0453 planer.Thanks for all the help in picking them.they seem to run great,have'nt had a chance to run any production pieces yet but will soon.Sorry tho no pics yet,still converting the basement into my shop.About 13'x34'.Oh ya almost forgot, waiting on my 2hp Super gorilla to make it here.Again thanks for all the input.I will keep all posted,and hoping to make some new friends.

Jim Dunn
05-14-2006, 4:04 PM
Welcome Greg. Hope you have fun here and in the shop for many years. Where are the required pics of the tools and the shop?? We have a pic-policeman that may visit you in a pink thong if said pics aren't forthcomming:)

Ken Fitzgerald
05-14-2006, 4:05 PM
Welcome to the Creek Greg!

Steve Clardy
05-14-2006, 5:19 PM
Welcome Greg!!!

Brent Smith
05-14-2006, 5:52 PM
Welcome Greg......don't let Tyler find out you have new toys and no pics LOL.

Tyler Howell
05-14-2006, 6:02 PM
Noobee Gloat With No Pictures!!!!:eek:
Go out and come back when you know how to behave yourself:mad: .
We got Rules around here.:mad:

Larry Cooke
05-14-2006, 6:06 PM
Welcome to the Creek Greg!

Any initial thoughts on the G1026 shaper? I've been eyeballing it for a while now. (Can't decide if I want to spend ~$1000.00 on a routher table setup or on a shaper...)

Larry

Bob Noles
05-14-2006, 6:41 PM
Welcome aboard Greg. Look forward to swaping WW ideas with you.

Alan Tolchinsky
05-14-2006, 6:48 PM
aren't we cranky. :) Happy mothers' day anyway. :)

John Miliunas
05-14-2006, 7:34 PM
Hey Greg, if you're looking for WW info, we've got a lot of it. If you're looking for friends, see above! :D As for Tyler...Don't pay any attention. Yes, we do indeed like pics but, me thinks he's got his pink thong on too tight this afternoon! :mad: :D :cool:

Frank Pellow
05-14-2006, 7:45 PM
Greg, welcome in your offical status as a Saw Mill Creek member and I am glad that we have been able to help you already. I have had lots and lots and lots of help in the over two years that I have been a member. :) Our archives are a great place to find information and the facilities for searching the archives are OK (not great, but OK).

Bob Noles
05-14-2006, 8:21 PM
As for Tyler...Don't pay any attention. Yes, we do indeed like pics but, me thinks he's got his pink thong on too tight this afternoon! :mad: :D :cool:

:D :D :D :D
ROFLOL

That is toooo funny John

Ken Shoemaker
05-14-2006, 8:41 PM
Greg, glad to have you here... Can't wait to see the shop.

Oh and about Tyler... BE AFRAID... VERY AFRAID.... hehehehehe

Glad to have you aboard

Jim Becker
05-14-2006, 8:46 PM
Welcome aboard, Greg. And don't mind Tyler's grumping...this time around... ;)

John Kain
05-14-2006, 8:47 PM
Welcome Greg, I'm new to here too....

Seems we should charge Griz for new members as you did them well!

Russ Massery
05-14-2006, 8:56 PM
Welcome Greg. I've had there G1035 shaper. I had it for 9-10yrs now,it's work great. I also have a G0490 jointer I've been very happy with it so far. But I've got to ask how did you that Beast downstairs? I looked into the G0453 there on Backorder till early june.

Greg Almeida
05-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies...Russ I had a strong friend ,a sheet of plywood on the stairs,a dolly at the bottom and a comealong.Took about an hour for the top.The base was easy with a hand truck. The shaper too was easy with the truck.And pics will be coming shortly.also 1 more question...Im going to be running alot of stile and rails.Would it be easier setup time to have an extra spindle and leave both cutters setup that way?And have you or anyone else used the grizz cutters?Any help is always greatly appreciated.To be honest no experience with the shaper or the jointer,but before I became a firefighter I was a machinist so I have had some machine experience.Again thanks for the help.

Greg

Rob Russell
05-15-2006, 1:19 PM
Hey - another Nutmegger - welcome!

tod evans
05-15-2006, 1:24 PM
welcome greg! if you have the spindle length stack your cutters on the spindle, largest on the bottom and use set up blocks for quick r&s set-up..02 tod