PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Phyllis Meyer
05-14-2006, 1:15 PM
Hi Everyone! New Laser Engraver Lady here with an issue with our 2 week old Epilog Legend EXT. We came out to our workshop this morning and turned everything on, went to run our first job and the vector table will not rise. It goes down, but not up!??????? We have contacted the salesman, tech. support,...but it's Sunday and I'm sure we will not hear from Epilog until tomorrow morning. I was wondering if anyone out there ever had this happen before and if you could give me some hints. We have so much work to do today...reason why we bought laser:) .

You folks here have been a tremendous help and we haven't even sold our first item yet! A wonderful site, and I look forward to communicating with all of you! If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! Happy Mother's Day to any Moms out there!

Sincerely,

Ron & Phyllis Meyer (Springbrook Laser Engraving, Wisconsin)

P.S. We did solve the problem thanks to you wonderful folks here at the forum! IT WAS THE AUTO FOCUS "STUCK"!:)

Carla Lange
05-14-2006, 1:52 PM
Phyllis,
Don't you hate it when everything BAD happens on the weekend? I thought it was just my luck, guess not. Sorry I can't really help, but I was wondering if by chance you have some type of material stuck or jammed in the table so it's stopping it from coming up? Does it make any sound when it's trying to rise? Maybe a belt came off? If you have a good rep, he should have a home/cell phone. Most are real good about calling them on weekends. Good luck.

Carla

Jeff Chumbley
05-14-2006, 1:54 PM
you might check the auto focus plunger to see if it is stuck that might be causing your problem.

Jeff

Pat Kearney
05-14-2006, 2:55 PM
Phyllis I had a similar problem and I just sent you a private message as to what happened and how I fixed it. Hope it helps.

Barbara Buhse
05-16-2006, 6:25 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned yet... but check your ruler guides and make sure they are down. If they're up they'll jam the machine if you're using a thin material (please don't ask me how I know this, since my husband is reading this too!):p

Barbara

Barbara Sample
05-18-2006, 10:47 AM
I too have had this problem, and it is the auto focus probe. Clean it with some acetone and make sure that it's lubricated. I used a little grease that I used on the side bars of the laser table. Just a small amount to get it moving up and down again. That did it for me. Now whenever that happens, I just clean it again, add some grease, and voila! it works.
Hope I helped.
Barb:)

Frank Corker
05-19-2006, 4:57 AM
This sounds to me like one of the belts has slipped off it's running spool. With the 45w Epilog you can easily remove the front cover and the belts that move it up and down are clearly visible. Have a look and see if one of them has come off.