PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyllis Meyer
05-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Hello Everyone! New to forum, you folks have been a tremendous help to our new laser engraving business and we haven't even sold an item yet! Our laser (Epilog Legend EXT) is two weeks old. Sunday morning (Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's).

Our Emergency...

We came out to our workshop this morning and the vector table will not rise! If anyone has any suggestions it would be so very much appreciated!!! Of course we called our salesman, Epilog Tech (they are not in on weekends)...If anyone has encountered this and could help in any way please call, email, come over (ha, ha)!! Thank you!

Sincerely,

Ron & Phyllis Meyer (New Wisconsin Laser People)

Ian Barley
05-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Phyllis - Hello and welcome to the Creek - glad to see that you have already found us useful and hope that you get and give much more over the years.

You might find that your question will be more quickly answered in the laser engraving forum (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8). The support forum where you posted is generally used for issues around the operation of Sawmill Creek itself. Folks who might answer your question in the laser forum may well not come over this way.

You might also want to tone down the font size a little as your post reads a bit like you are shouting at folks. I'm sure thats not your intention but the problem with a web forum is that the only way we know if you are smiling is if you tell us that you are:)

John Miliunas
05-14-2006, 1:06 PM
Welcome, Phyllis! As Ian indicates, I would go ahead and post your concerns on the laser forum. Lots of very experienced folks over there! :) (Also, I agree that toning down the font size a bit would be courteous. :) )

In the meantime, although I can't help you on the laser issue at hand, I am interested in knowing where in Packerland you reside! Never know...May be able to have a sale for you once you get over your current issues! And yes, it'd be fun to see one in operation, too! :D :cool:

Ken Salisbury
05-14-2006, 2:35 PM
You might find that your question will be more quickly answered in the laser engraving forum (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8). The support forum where you posted is generally used for issues around the operation of Sawmill Creek itself. Folks who might answer your question in the laser forum may well not come over this way.

You are correct --- so I moved this thread there. :)

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/moderator.gif

Dave Jones
05-14-2006, 4:52 PM
There have been several threads here where people had similar problems and it turned out to be a sticky auto-focus plunger. If it is gummed up it might stick in the up position. You might try cleaning it, or try turning off auto-focus and see if you can raise the table under manual control from the front panel.

Ray Mighells
05-14-2006, 5:48 PM
I just joined this forum today, which I found while searching for info on laser engraving. I am also a woodworker/woodcarver, and am interested in meeting others in my area of SW NY. The Hamlet of Killbuck is just outside Salamanca on US 219 / NY 417. I've lots of wood to give away/trade/sell

Dave Fifield
05-14-2006, 11:46 PM
I think Ron and Phyllis's z-direction problem will turn out to be the auto-focus plunger - that seems to be a common cause. It probably got pushed out of position during transportation. FWIW, it should point straight down. It's spring loaded, so pull it down a quarter inch and let go - it should spring back to its resting place nicely. Good luck!

Ray - welcome to the forums. I think you should post your "hello" message as a separate thread - let people know you are here! Too bad I don't live nearer....

Cheers,
Dave F.