PDA

View Full Version : SMC! We have SawDust!

Jeff Horton
05-13-2006, 6:51 PM
Took two hours, maybe more, to install and the table and align the old DeWalt today. It wasn't hard but just time consuming. But I love the way they put on a table. You can aline the table with the head perfectly! Take you time and you can make it perfectly flat! Just takes time.

Jointed a board and did some test cuts. When I go done everything was perfectly square and straight. This saw has the adjustments you need. It was well thought out and I am impressed!

Also got one outfeed table out and cut down. Didn't get it put back together, I gave out first. Just have it sitting in place and sort of clamped. Decided to cut down the table and bolt the extension table to the saw. That way I can install a fence and not worry about it shifting. I got the second one cleaned off and ready to cut up. Doesn't sound like that much work but my shop looks like as if a Borg tool department exploded. Stuff everywhere!

(http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=38456&stc=1&d=1147567765)

Jim Becker
05-13-2006, 7:00 PM
Awe right!! That really looks great in that spot, Jeff! Congrats on the install...now get back to work. The weekend is half over! LOL!! :D :D :D (Lucky dog...gets to work in his shop, even if it is rearranging...I'm jealous!)

Jim O'Dell
05-13-2006, 7:37 PM
Jeff, that looks very nice. I do have a question. What did you do to be able to adjust the saw to the side table, or did you adjust the table to the saw. I can't see any type of levelling system. I am going to build a multistation along one 24' wall that my MS, RAS, Planer, downdraft sanding station, future spindle sander, Kreg pocket hole station, etc, etc will fit into. So I will have "infeed" and "outfeed" tables like it looks like you are doing. I will want the tables to be adjustable and level with what ever is being used, and am looking for ideas. Thanks, and again it looks like a great work station. Jim.

Alan Turner
05-13-2006, 8:59 PM
Good looking saw!

lou sansone
05-13-2006, 9:17 PM
congrats on the dewalt . what a great saw !

lou

scott spencer
05-14-2006, 6:45 AM
The saw looks happy there! Have fun and congrats...

Jeff Horton
05-14-2006, 9:35 AM
What did you do to be able to adjust the saw to the side table, or did you adjust the table to the saw.
The table actually could be leveled with the ......... no it couldn't. Never mind. You have to make the table level with the saw and then match the outfeed table to it.

What I did is not exactly what I would call adjustable, at least not easily adjustable. I built my top and my base separate. (I just used quick and dirty toobyfour construction methods. Nothing fancy, everything is held together with star drive screws.) Once the saw table was set I cut the legs for the outfeed table shorter than that saw table. I put the top in place and then just raise it up by hand and clamp it to the leg with some f-clamps. I keep adjusting till I have it like I want and then crawl under the table and drive in some screws.

Thats why I don't call it adjustable.. You could realign it if you needed but it would be a pain to do. Especially once it is loaded up with scrap woods, tools or whatever you choose to store under it.

Thats the point I am at now, adjusting the top to match the saw table. I am thinking about cutting some kind of wedge to raise the back part of the table since its against the wall and not easy to adjust. The front side I can just lift by hand. I am going to work on it this afternoon after Church.

The biggest problem is a reference to the table that is long enough. I am going try jointing a tooby and clamp it to the saw table. That should give me a good long level line to adjust the extension table from. Will let you know how it works