PDA

View Full Version : Messy shop for Roger

Dave Anderson NH
09-01-2003, 10:22 PM
For those of you who aren't aware, my friend Roger Myers is constantly busting my chops about how clean my shop is. It seems that every time he has been by, the shop was just cleaned and there is nary a speck of sawdust or a shaving in sight. Well buddy, this photo is for you. Here's proof positive that the shop isn't always pristine though the next time you drop by I'll have it clean again. After all, I just can't disappoint you.

This weekend my back finally started to feel right again so I started on the first stages of what will become my wall mounted rack for my handplanes. If you want them, I'll even save some keepsake poplar shavings for you Roger. :D

David LaRue
09-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Dave...

Great shop and a even nicer view from it! :)

Dave

Bart Leetch
09-01-2003, 11:18 PM
Dave do you do all your work with hand tools?

Oh by the way do you have any drawings for bow saws?

Roger Myers
09-01-2003, 11:29 PM
Of course there are still a couple of problems with the picture Dave...
1.) The customary wine is not in view (or is it covered by the shavings?)
2.) If Sue sees the way you've let the shop fall into disrepair, it won't be a pretty sight
For those unfamiliar with Daves shop, Sues influence can be seen in the window treatments!!

Thanks for the laugh Dave..I was really wonedring how you made anything at all without ever making any dust!!

Roger (who had a good day in the shop today)

Dave Anderson NH
09-02-2003, 6:48 AM
Bart- PM me with your snail mail address and I'll send you a copy of the full sized bowsaw plans, I never set up them electronically. I like hand tools and do most of my joinery with them. But raw stock prep is usually done with the table saw, jointer, and planer after which all surfaces are completed with hand planes. I do dovetails and M & T joints by hand, but in this case the Dados were all done on the tablesaw. There were just too many of them ( 46). Occasionally for fun and when I have plenty of time I'll do a project completely Neander style without any burning of electrons.

Roger- The wine glass only comes out for completed porjects and this one has a long way to go. As for the shop, Sue wanted me to sweep the floor so Otis the Springer didn't drag shavings upstairs in his hair, but he's been hiding outside in the pen anyway.

David- It's a basement shop, but I'm fortunate to have windows for light and the curtains were a present from my wife so that no one can see in while we are away a work during the day.